Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I wanted to throw out a situation and see what you think. I have a Poly Tech Pre-ban AK, Here are some pics in another thread http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/ak-47-talk/176807-need-some-info-my-ak.html.

I've been offered a nice AR-15 in trade with these specs

Bushmaster lower
Delton 16" 1/9 223/5.56 nato w/ ion bond finish upper
troy free float 7" q/r
ergo grip w/ storage
yhm flip up front gas block sight
matech usgi rear quick deploy sight with 200-600m adjustment

Just wanted to get some other peoples input on this.... Thanks.

·
Administrator
22,465 Posts
Delton are a dime a dozen. Keep the AK.

·
Registered
18,141 Posts
dont trade your polytech man.

if you want a nice AR they are attainable through careful spending and planning (if money is tight for you I don't know your situation but I just can't go buy an AR on a whim). you won't likely come across another poly as nice as yours. you will always regret trading it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, I was feeling the same way, but sometimes you need a second opinion. I just want a new toy. I feel the Poly, would have a better home in the hands of collector.... Don't get me wrong, I love the gun, but now that I know what it is, I feel like I shouldn't shoot it as much. I'll hold on to it and save some money to get a "fun gun".

·
Registered
18,141 Posts
Thanks guys, I was feeling the same way, but sometimes you need a second opinion. I just want a new toy. I feel the Poly, would have a better home in the hands of collector.... Don't get me wrong, I love the gun, but now that I know what it is, I feel like I shouldn't shoot it as much. I'll hold on to it and save some money to get a "fun gun".
ya know... you should shoot it as much as you feel like you want to. if you take care of it, it shouldn't hurt it to toss a few thousand rounds down range every once in a while.

·
Registered
942 Posts
I wouldn't do that trade, thats a sweet K u got there.
Theres stuff out there i would trade it for but an AR isnt one of them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts