Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
warning: I don't know all the names of the parts.

holding only on the frame of my subcompact, and properly pulling the trigger all the way back, I watch the sear and the stop block thing move properly. There is also that bar attached to the trigger that moves all of the above. it rises above the polymer in the highest point about 1.5mm. If I gently press down on it, the sear and the block thing return mostly to their original orientation. When I release the grip safety and trigger, that plateau moves diagonally to it's resting point. A click accompanies each step. Is this bad? I recently detail stripped this for the first time, and have shot at the range with no failures or misbehaviors, so I would be down with fixing it if needed.

I was trying to find out what the slide seems to catch on when reassembling the pistol, and began examining this plateau as the culprit .

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
that's your disconnector (thingy that prevents full auto) doing what it's supposed to do. If the gun is running OK, it's fine.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks... I wasn't sure if this was supposed to move like that. Glad to know there's nothing to worry about.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts