Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yikes! Columbus Ohio just passed a new assault weapons ban. 10 round mags are the limit, no AR-15's, no compensation or flash suppression, and must register existing within 30 days! May not be sold or transferred after death within the city! Your neighbors to the west (Indiana) sympathize. You really need to get your STATE to pass a law prohibiting any city from acting independently to restrict rights (many states have those laws, including Indiana).

Good luck! Let us know if you need letters written (like the Kroger's no gun signs).

·
Registered
821 Posts
gonzo said:
Yikes! Columbus Ohio just passed a new assault weapons ban. 10 round mags are the limit, no AR-15's, no compensation or flash suppression, and must register existing within 30 days! May not be sold or transferred after death within the city! Your neighbors to the west (Indiana) sympathize. You really need to get your STATE to pass a law prohibiting any city from acting independently to restrict rights (many states have those laws, including Indiana).

Good luck! Let us know if you need letters written (like the Kroger's no gun signs).
last post
http://www.hs2000talk.com/viewtopic.php?t=23414

·
Registered
93 Posts
They've been building up for it on all the local news channels for months.

The odd part is both the cases that brought Central Ohio to National attention didn't involve assault weapons. (El Rosa shooting (Dimebag Darrel and the 270 "Sniper".) Both cases involved pistols.

Then to top it all off the case with the "Sniper" results in a hung jury, ends up a mistrial and has to be retried. I just don't understand the world we live in anymore. Take away honest citizens rights, and feel sorry for the jerks that commit crimes against society.

So lets not convict people that commit gun crimes, lets blame the guns... it's the guns fault that people do dumb things.

That logic kinda makes you want to do dumb things with a ball bat and a bullhorn. Glad I don't live in Columbus.

Now I get to use my 15 rd mags outside of Columbus, and my 10 round mags in Columbus.

Next they won't allow me to carry in city limits.

I hate people.

·
Super Moderator
10,574 Posts
Engineer, hurry up and get the hell out of Columbus.

Ed

·
Registered
44 Posts
what total crap!!!

Being a Kolumbus resident, about the only thing I have going for me now is that neither of my AKs [or xd] have compensators. I wonder what kind of list I'll be put on if/when I register my guns? Just the thought of "registering" them makes me ill....

Does this mean columbus gunshows are gonna be screwed? I like my AK in 5.45x39, and they don't even make non-hi-cap mags for that cal!

I had been planning on selling one of them too... oh wellllll

thanx again govt - another reason to move as soon as I graduate!

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Ed Ely said:

Ed
Thought he was up Cleveland area, safely away from that nonsense. I however find this whole thing disturbing as when I carry I have 13+1 in the weapon and I spend a lot of time in Columbus.

·
Registered
802 Posts
aiformula said:
Ed Ely said:

Ed
Thought he was up Cleveland area, safely away from that nonsense. I however find this whole thing disturbing as when I carry I have 13+1 in the weapon and I spend a lot of time in Columbus.
+1, I live on campus, inside limits of columbus. And I am about to go shooting and realize that most of my pistols are illegal now, along with my ar15.

Yippppy!

Im on my way to go register right now!

:roll:

·
Registered
3,263 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Umm, if the proposed ban was accepted word-for-word, it can go as far as to make your XD illegal since it is "Semi-automatic pistol, or any semi-automatic, centerfire rifle with a fixed magazine, that has the capacity to accept more than ten rounds of ammunition."

Practically ANY non-wheelgun can be challenged as an assault weapon. Its funny that the WBNS website says it won't effect sportsmen, maybe they should take a little drive down to Circleville or Rayner's for an USPSA match. Basically EVERY single pistol you will see can be considered an assault weapon under this bullshit ban.

The biggest monstrosity of this CRAP is that even a KALIFORNIA LEGAL SKS is now considered an assault weapon under this because it has a muzzle break. For a state that voted for Bush, its a hell of a lot different "up north" huh? :roll:

Columbus has ceased ANY revenue from me if I cannot help it. No more shopping trips, ballgames, or any other damn thing!

·
Super Moderator
10,574 Posts
aiformula said:
Ed Ely said:

Ed
You are correct. I knew it started with a "C"...................uh!

Ed

·
Registered
59 Posts
Umm, if the proposed ban was accepted word-for-word, it can go as far as to make your XD illegal since it is "Semi-automatic pistol, or any semi-automatic, centerfire rifle with a fixed magazine, that has the capacity to accept more than ten rounds of ammunition."
The XD does not have a fixed magazine. Thank God I live in Michigan, where it's illegal for any local government to pass a gun law that surpasses state law.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts