Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
I don't see any need for porting on a .45ACP, especially a service XD.My reason being that the porting will make using the gun close into your body difficult and even unsafe.The XD Service has a long grip grip and short barrel compared to most full size .45's. This provides the XD with excellent leverage for weapon retention.

Also unique to the XD Service is the Stand-off which will keep the gun in battery if fired against a BG's body.The XD's is just an overall good close quater combat tool. I say forget the porting since the recoil of a .45 ACP isn't really that harsh.Save the porting for something like a big hunting revolver.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Personally I find my xd45c totally tolerable to shoot w/ out porting or comp of any kind. As a matter of fact I prefer the 45 recoil to that of my xd9 service. XD is a soft shooting 45, probably the softest I have shot (FNP45 is about the same)

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I've tried a ported barrel on my XD45 Tac.; $154 I'll never get back.
45 auto is a fairly low pressure round, it just doesn't push enough hot gas into that big barrel in order to make the ports useful.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bellyscaper, I see what you have, looks great, give me your thoughts on your mods please.
I just went out and purchased another 45ACP service for my truck. I got tired of dragging it in and out of the house. It's used but has had less rounds through it from the looks of it, in great shape. They had a brand fired new one right beside it for $93 more, you could hardly tell the difference.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Bellyscaper, I see what you have, looks great, give me your thoughts on your mods please.
I just went out and purchased another 45ACP service for my truck. I got tired of dragging it in and out of the house. It's used but has had less rounds through it from the looks of it, in great shape. They had a brand fired new one right beside it for $93 more, you could hardly tell the difference.
The mods are Springer Precision Trigger kit and bar along with a .1 extended mag release, Trijicon night sights, and complete pistol Ion Bond coating (Black Diamond), I also installed ADP springs in my mag's. The light is a Insight M6X with the remote pressure switch. I will send pictures later as soon as the mag bar is installed on the stand I'm making for the XD, which is like the ones for the 1911 style I'm producing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts