Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know...crude title for this thread but it just rhymed so well!:p

I just got back from the range where I put a box of Winchester (white box) 230gr RN through my new Ultra Carry. I was expecting a lot more recoil than it produced and of course I anticipated the recoil....rookie mistake.:rolleyes:

The first couple of magazines were low and left so I shot a couple off a rest to verify the sights. They are dead on so I figured I'm just pushing the trigger. I shifted my finger a bit on the trigger and got the "left" part out of the equation. By the time I finished the box of 50, I was hitting just slightly low, center at 7 yards.

I also shot a couple of magazines of my reloaded 230gr HP's and my grouping was a bit better, not great but better.....I can see I'm going to need a lot more practice with this gun! :D

Anyway, to summarize.....I shot just over 60 rounds through the gun with no misfires and no failures to feed or eject. The trigger is a bit gritty feeling but I'm sure it will smooth out with use. It's not as much of a handful as I expected and shoots better than I do! My overall impression is this is a very nice shooting gun and is only going to get smoother as I shoot it!:cool:

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
I believe it is a corporal punishment to post about a new 'toy" without any pics!!!

·
Premium Member
27,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe it is a corporal punishment to post about a new 'toy" without any pics!!!

I appologize for my egregious actions! Please accept this picture as a token of my regret! ;)

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,307 Posts
Nice shooting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts