Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So is the XD a POS or not? It seems that half the owners have zero problems and half have nothing but problems. Please reply and let me know if you've either had problems (and if so, what they were, including finish issues) or no problems at all w/ your XD.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Never had any sort of problem out of mine, as I'd expect most people haven't. I'd consider it an extreme stretch to say that "half" the XD owners have had nothing but problems, or any problems at all with their guns.

·
Registered
252 Posts
No problems with mine at all.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Two problems here. First, the firing pin retention pin broke. Second, the locking block chipped. Both were fixed free of charge, and neither affected the gun's performance.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mr0w1,
That's what I'd like to find out. Certainly problems are typically reported more than no problems, so I'd like to get a good cross-section of responses. I just purchased a Bi-Tone XD-40 and truly hope that it turns out to be a reliable pistol. I really like the feel of the XD, and fit/finish on mine is very good. I did, however have to look through 4-5 brand new, in the box pistols to find one with zero rust (and that was on the Bi-Tones!) which didn't exactly fill me with a great deal of confidence. So, while I've had no problems with mine, I have seen evidence of other problems.

·
Registered
885 Posts
OrangeShogun said:
It seems that half the owners have zero problems and half have nothing but problems.
I've never heard of anyone saying they've had 'nothing but problems' with their XD.
Where does that come from? :?

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I get what you're saying.

If you search for it (actually, it's probably on the first or second page) in the Gen XD Discussion board, you'll find about a 6 page long thread of people with no problems.

·
Registered
157 Posts
i had a small problem with rust...s/a took care of it no questions asked....had it back in 10 days....i wouldnt give it up for no other gun...not even a glock or a sig!!!! i love it!!! the best $400 i ever spent!!!

·
Registered
209 Posts
No problems with mine so far. I've only fired 135 rounds but it performed flawlessly.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Why would anyone post a thread saying I have no problems with their gun (yes I know there was 1). For all the people that you see with minor problems, there are 10's of thousands of people that don't have any.

Thats why you see the threads you do. With all the problems from all the manufacturers out there...the finish is the absolute least of anyones problem. Mine has spit out anything I put in it...

·
Registered
200 Posts
I purchased my XD40 last fall after some careful research and lurking in this forum. Had I seen something approaching 50% of the posts discussing an asundry of problems with this pistol I can assure you I would have bought something different. I absolutely love this pistol and intend to use as a carry weapon. Absolutely no problems associated with it after approximately 1000 rounds. BTW this is my first post of any length and just want thank everyone's particpation in this forum. I've enjoyed reading your posts and look forward to more.

Thanks again from a newbie,

Olgord

·
Registered
347 Posts
I'm up to 2500 rounds now, 4 failure to feed's, from some pretty cheap ammo. My buddy was shooting the same stuff and had 10 out of a Glock. Thus far, that's the only issue I've ever had. Takes any HP I've given it thus far (speer, federal, etc). So aside from learning the 'cheap stuff' is just that, and switching to only WWB for range time, I've no problems.

Matthew

·
Registered
231 Posts
I've had my XD9 SC for 2 years now, put about 10,000 rounds through it. Only problem I have had is when I first started using mags from the 40SC, I had a couple of misfeeds. After adjustment of the feed lips, back to perfect.

Yeah, it's a keeper!

·
Registered
51 Posts
No problems with my bitone xd9 service 9mm. It has fed everything flawlessly. No signs of problems. Very pleased with it. Sold my previously treasured Glock 19 after I bought the XD.

·
Registered
119 Posts
No problems whatsoever. Own an XD-40 service and a XD-40 sub. At least a 1000 rds through the service and 500 rds through the sub.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts