1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
I just did my feed ramp

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
I did the feedramp, breech face, and chamber. On the chamber and breech face I did all the work manualy just to make sure I didn't take any metal away.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
I did it by hand with very fine ( I think it was 1600 grit) sand paper and steel wool.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Thanks. He asked me about polishing but has never told me if he did it.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Alot of people have used a dremel you just have to be carefull. I used a dowel for the ramp and chamber and a popcycle stick for the breech face.

·
Registered
78 Posts
dremel buffing wheel and jewlers rouge plus my bro is a former jewler and had some trick rubber polishing bits that work wonderful to polish but the buffing pad and rouge works wonderful.. both of my 2 and my partners have a nice mirror finish on feed ramp sears ect.. all your old school smiths will tout to never use a dremel tool of any type on any gun part but you just need common sence and patence something we are in short supply of these days.. just my .02 worth

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
If you polish the sear, don't remove any metal! I am told that that could create an unsafe condition. I opted to not mess with it, it is slowly polishing itself anyway.

Raymond

·
Registered
214 Posts
im pretty interested along the same lines as the original poster.....what exactly do you polish in the way of internal parts? dammit why couldnt the barsto trigger group be out yet so i didnt have to ask this question

1 - 15 of 15 Posts