Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to polish all the internals of my XD40SC that will help it work a little smoother, and debur whatever is nesecary. but i dont know what all i should polish?debur, and what i should use to do it. Any reccomendations? be specific because im blind on this one. Thanks alot

·
Registered
186 Posts
I am wanting to polish all the internals of my XD40SC that will help it work a little smoother, and debur whatever is nesecary. but i dont know what all i should polish?debur, and what i should use to do it. Any reccomendations? be specific because im blind on this one. Thanks alot
I agree with the first answer. Shoot it and it will improve. My Sig P220 is silky after years of use (even with a heavy DA pull). I'm working on getting my XD-40 up to 1000 rounds (by me) by year's end.

You can add some tiny amounts of grease to the trigger bar/striker safety lever/sear contact points, as well as on the trigger bar and sear springs where they contact metal, and that will help a little bit. But you are still trying to overcome a pretty stout sear spring so there's only so much you can do before you have to start thinking about a trigger job and lighter sear and trigger bar springs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts