Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got it polished here locally by one of my friends. He Did it for 45 dollars it looks amazing!!!

im really satisfied.

·
Super Moderator
8,970 Posts
BLING! Did he take it down to bare metal then polish it? You may want to put a layer of clear. I once heard that XDs are prone to rust, however this is just a rumor.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Damn...he did a good job! Looks awesome. 8)

My only question...did he polish the sights too? Seems like it would be hard to get a sight picture!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Very nice polishing job!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Old School said:
My sentiments exactly. Blingimus maximus, but looks amazing!

I second the motion on clear coating it with something.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Sweet looking piece. I hear what you are saying OldSchool about the rust, but I'm beginning to feel like there is something in SA's finish that causes the rust and not the metal. I have seen several threads about polished XDs and so far I have not heard any of them say the rust is a problem. black96gtvert, let us know how the rust issue affects you.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gadget said:
black96gtvert, let us know how the rust issue affects you.
Thanks!

Ill sure keep everyone updated if anything should go wrong with it. Im planning on getting it cleared as soon as possible

·
Registered
65 Posts
wow that looks sweet! never really was a fan of the polished look but looking at yours- wow!
As far as the rust goes I don't see that it should be a problem as lomg as you give it the same attention you would any other gun- keep it clean and oiled.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Too Kewl!

I would keep a silicone rag close at hand when you are at the range, and for when you show it off to your closest friends *ahem* so that you can wipe off their ranky fingerprints. Don't want no prints dissin yo bling, cuz!

Clear coat would be good....contact ajames to see if he can do that for you....used to be that he would do it for $25 but not sure if he's doing it now or what....

Shazam...blingimus maximus!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Very nice-I like it! :)

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
You inspired me to test it on a black XD. :shock:
Decide to chrome it if it didn't turn out but here it is just the side rails

Still some pitting under the oe finish but a few more hours and it should be a mirror .I did the controls two month ago been in my Range bag since no Rust yet.
Note this took allot of time a small da sander ,rubbing compound and some mothers with a polishing pad 8)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
R/T Performance said:
You inspired me to test it on a black XD. :shock:
Decide to chrome it if it didn't turn out but here it is just the side rails

Still some pitting under the oe finish but a few more hours and it should be a mirror .I did the controls two month ago been in my Range bag since no Rust yet.
Note this took allot of time a small da sander ,rubbing compound and some mothers with a polishing pad 8)
Nice :D

who would you get to do your chroming?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts