Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - Just in case this may help someone. Years ago I bought some Green Clover lapping compound in maybe 6 different grits for 12 to 15 dollars for a 10 once can each. I then realized later that I could get silicon carbide and aluminum oxide from lapidary supply shops in many size grits from 75 to 50,000 for 6 and 7 per pound and pay just a little more for smaller amounts - mix it with a dab of a dollar a tube Ultra Bright tooth paste and I found it a lot less dirty and messy. And one can color code it with some food coloring from an Easter Egg coloring kit to help keep them straight. You may be surprised how it will shine up a dark bore.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And I just saw a little brass 'Kleen Bore' muzzle guard for 20.78 and some little plastic caps for 10 and 12. You may try some cut-off shot shell hulls - deprime and drill out primer hole to fit your cleaning rod. Warm them up and make a custom fit. Use little plastic bottle caps with a hole. And oh yes, an old standby of a custom powder measure, a trimmed cartridge case with a piece of copper wire soldered on as a handle. And...I have been using old kinda dried up left overs of those various creams that my wife uses, for case lubing. It seems to work for me. If you don't have one of those...(wife). Just buy the cheapy new stuff. I have a tin of 'Bag Balm' that may last me the rest of my life. A lot of things can be done with those wax bathroom stool seating rings...a lot wax for a dollar.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts