Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out yesterday and fired my XD40 SC at different distances. Here's a target shot at 21 feet with a 2 hand hold. A one inch group that was 1" high and 1" to the right of point of aim using a 6 o'clock hold.

I then moved to 50 feet and shot a 2 1/2" group that printed 3 inches high and 1 1/2 inches to the right.
I then shot at 75 feet from a bench rest and the group size was 3 inches and the group was 6 inches above p.o.a.
This is my first center fire semi auto. My Ruger 44 doesn't have near the variance in point of impact. What should I expect for group size at these different ranges and is it usual for P.O.I. to change so much? What range should this kind of handgun be sighted in for?

WyoBob

·
Premium Member
9,097 Posts
in the manual it tells you the POA for the different distances. i believe 25 feet and under, and 25ft and over. so to answer you question, yes this is normal fo rthe xd. i find my sub pretty darn accurate at 25 feet considering the barrel length. mine is a 9 though. practice practice.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nikon777 said:
in the manual it tells you the POA for the different distances. i believe 25 feet and under, and 25ft and over. so to answer you question, yes this is normal fo rthe xd. i find my sub pretty darn accurate at 25 feet considering the barrel length. mine is a 9 though. practice practice.
My manual says the guns are sighted for a 6 o'clock hold at 25 yards. I'm happy with the P.O.I. and group size at 21 feet. I'm having trouble figuring out why the gun shoots 6 inches high at 25 yards, whether off hand or off the bench.

I would imagine that being sighted in for 25 feet is appropriate for the mission of this type of gun.

WyoBob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts