1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
8,237 Posts
I wouldn't buy a POF upper but I do like the lowers. Too pricey for my taste though.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Personally, I'd rather buy a Tactical Innovations lower receiver if I was going to spending my money on a "better" lower.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I have a POF 415 lower on one of my AR-15 builds that I really like. The fit, finish and quality are some of the best I have seen on an AR-15 lower. While the price wasn't too bad on mine and while they certainly aren't the cheapest on the market, they are one of the best!

As for the tactical innovations lowers, while they are very nice and also rank up there as a high quality product, I would spend the extra $25 on the POF and not think twice. If you are interested, talk to Tom Mooney over at Mooney's Firearms. The were running a special on stripped POF 415 lowers for $200 shipped.

Guns, ar15 scopes, rifle scopes, used handguns, tactical lights, machine gun, hand guns

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
There is a Tactical Innovations T15 stripped lower on Gunbroker right now for like $112 with 2 days to go.

·
Premium Member
4,276 Posts
I have the Bushmaster Upper, which is - i think - made by POF. outstanding work.

not nickel coated like theirs, but the mechanics and parts look identical.

i'd buy their parts in a heartbeat - if it didn't cost more than a mechanical or pig's heart to buy one. :S

·
Premium Member
8,237 Posts
If you want a piston upper, LWRC is the way to go imo.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The one in the shop is a Gen II I have found out after a little checking. I may pick it up still, also it is a semi reciever but it has the FA marking on it too.

·
Premium Member
4,276 Posts
If you want a piston upper, LWRC is the way to go imo.
LWRC looks alright, but they're as expensive, according to their dealer forum, as POF.

I wonder if they require special handguard upper-halves, as the POF ones do, for the larger piston space required...?

mine has a half-inch piston and housing, so it requires a special upper, or like i did, machine the whole center out of the upper rail to accommodate it.

·
Premium Member
8,237 Posts
LWRC looks alright, but they're as expensive, according to their dealer forum, as POF.

I wonder if they require special handguard upper-halves, as the POF ones do, for the larger piston space required...?

mine has a half-inch piston and housing, so it requires a special upper, or like i did, machine the whole center out of the upper rail to accommodate it.
The LWRC piston system is low profile. The rails are proprietary though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts