Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are yalls pocket pistols? an what would yall recommend. i like how kel tec pistols are but hate there triggers,i have the lc9 but havent had one to shoot.

·
Registered
17,488 Posts
I have a PF9. I consider it my "Get off of me" gun. 7+1 9mm in a rather small package. No safety other than that loooong trigger pull. I don't get anything resembling decent groups out of it at 7 yards, but it WILL get the job done if it's needed in a pinch. It's also painful to shoot more than 50 rounds during a range session, even spaced out with other guns. I'll keep it but it's certainly not my EDC.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a PF9. I consider it my "Get off of me" gun. 7+1 9mm in a rather small package. No safety other than that loooong trigger pull. I don't get anything resembling decent groups out of it at 7 yards, but it WILL get the job done if it's needed in a pinch. It's also painful to shoot more than 50 rounds during a range session, even spaced out with other guns. I'll keep it but it's certainly not my EDC.
yeah thats the only thing thats getting me. i shot the p11 an pf9 an the trigger is what turns me off of them. my cuzin has his ccw an loves his pf9 for a pocket. an like u said for that close shot it really dont matter how long the trigger is just as the bang goes off lol

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
I have a Glock 26 ordered up to fill that role.

Am hoping that the "new" XDm will be falling into this catagory. We shall see.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I pocket carry my Sig P238 nitron with siglite night sites. I finally found the extended mag that gives me 7+1 and fits the hand great. It has a single action trigger with about a 7lb pull. I carry it cocked and locked in a high noon pocket holster. Some people have problems with carrying cocked and locked in a pocket but with the firm snap of the sig's safety I have no problem with it.

Great little gun though I did have to send it back to Sig when I first got it due to failures to feed/eject and problems with the slide release locking the slide open. I sent a detailed letter to Sig when I sent the gun back and they adressed every problem on my list and had it back to me in two weeks. Shoots great now and I carry it with Hornady Critical Defense. I know it is only a 380 but it is better than a sharp stick...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a Glock 26 ordered up to fill that role.

Am hoping that the "new" XDm will be falling into this catagory. We shall see.
I pocket carry my Sig P238 nitron with siglite night sites. I finally found the extended mag that gives me 7+1 and fits the hand great. It has a single action trigger with about a 7lb pull. I carry it cocked and locked in a high noon pocket holster. Some people have problems with carrying cocked and locked in a pocket but with the firm snap of the sig's safety I have no problem with it.

Great little gun though I did have to send it back to Sig when I first got it due to failures to feed/eject and problems with the slide release locking the slide open. I sent a detailed letter to Sig when I sent the gun back and they adressed every problem on my list and had it back to me in two weeks. Shoots great now and I carry it with Hornady Critical Defense. I know it is only a 380 but it is better than a sharp stick...
Ill look that one up an see what it all bout. Cause im goin to get my ccw. I have a small pocket one now but its just a. 25 not alot of A$$ behind but think it'll get the job done if need to be called apon

·
Premium Member
30,891 Posts
I'm very satisfied with my Ruger LCP. Had it about a year now... got it out the door for about $300. Very slim & compact, very light, fits any pocket... jeans, shorts, khakis. Always goes bang.

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
^^^^^What he said. I have really grown to love the lcp, a true pocket pistol. Some of the pistols that get lumped in the "pocket pistol" category require much more substantial pockets. The lcp works in every pair of jeans, slacks, and shorts that I have also.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
I'm very satisfied with my Ruger LCP. Had it about a year now... got it out the door for about $300. Very slim & compact, very light, fits any pocket... jeans, shorts, khakis. Always goes bang.
^^^^^What he said. I have really grown to love the lcp, a true pocket pistol. Some of the pistols that get lumped in the "pocket pistol" category require much more substantial pockets. The lcp works in every pair of jeans, slacks, and shorts that I have also.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

LCP...
Pretty sure the OP stated POCKET PISTOL..
The Kel-Tec isn't that bad, just not as pretty..

You guys carrying G26s in your pocket must have some pretty big pockets...:roll:
Nothing better than a 26.10 oz gun flopping around in a cargo pocket or pulling your pants down in a jeans pocket.:shock:

The LPC w/CTC weighs in at 10 oz.
I carry mine in a High Noon Pocket Grabber with a spare mag in my weak side pocket.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
LCP with CTC in any type of pocket, IWB, wallet holster is what I go with. I can't imagine anything else being easier than this combo.

·
Premium Member
127,175 Posts
My main carry is an XD45 Service; my BUG is a Ruger LCR .38 +P; but my pocket carry is a NAA .22 magnum.

·
Registered
464 Posts
LCP for any pocket carry.
P238 for back or cargo pocket. Just doesn't conceal as well as the LCP in my front pockets.
As much as I love shooting the Sig and having real sights, the slightly lighter weight and slightly shorter dimensions of the LCP makes it easier to pocket carry in general, IMO.

I agree on the G26 requiring huge pockets, or your cargo pocket would swing like a pendulum. My XD40sc is the same size as the G27 I had before. Neither of these are pocket pistols. The only pocket I'd carry them in is a coat pocket, but thats not going to help in the summer.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

LCP...
Pretty sure the OP stated POCKET PISTOL..
The Kel-Tec isn't that bad, just not as pretty..

You guys carrying G26s in your pocket must have some pretty big pockets...:roll:
Nothing better than a 26.10 oz gun flopping around in a cargo pocket or pulling your pants down in a jeans pocket.:shock:

The LPC w/CTC weighs in at 10 oz.
I carry mine in a High Noon Pocket Grabber with a spare mag in my weak side pocket.

i have looked at the lcp but aint got to shoot one yet ....... but have to say ur looks really good with that ctc

LCP with CTC in any type of pocket, IWB, wallet holster is what I go with. I can't imagine anything else being easier than this combo.
it aint to smallto do a IWB?

LCP for any pocket carry.
P238 for back or cargo pocket. Just doesn't conceal as well as the LCP in my front pockets.
As much as I love shooting the Sig and having real sights, the slightly lighter weight and slightly shorter dimensions of the LCP makes it easier to pocket carry in general, IMO.

I agree on the G26 requiring huge pockets, or your cargo pocket would swing like a pendulum. My XD40sc is the same size as the G27 I had before. Neither of these are pocket pistols. The only pocket I'd carry them in is a coat pocket, but thats not going to help in the summer.
i dont see haveing a G26 in a pocket lol an i looked at the p238 it a mini 1911 aint it ?

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
P3AT in a wallet holster. Works well and is comfy back there.

·
Registered
464 Posts

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
I have an old S&W Model 36 (.38 ) and a Kahr PM9 (9mm). I carry that PM9, with a laser on it, everywhere!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have an old S&W Model 36 (.38 ) and a Kahr PM9 (9mm). I carry that PM9, with a laser on it, everywhere!
i really like them Kahrs. i found one that was what i thought was cheap but didnt get it cause i didnt no alot bout them then. kinda wished that i would have gotten it knowing what i do now

1 - 20 of 43 Posts