Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions? Have looked at lcr, lcp- is lcr .38spl too big for pocket carry?
is lcp sufficient for sd on occasional carry? Have 9mm sc but a little too big for my needs in hot charleston summertime!
Would like to keep it in the 300.oo range to avoid divorce (if possible)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is lc9 pocketable with normal size non cargo pockets? would save on buying 4 kinds of ammo for different guns

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
or is there a better option, perhaps one with similar size, and possibly a safety, other than the long trigger pull?

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
or is there a better option, perhaps one with similar size, and possibly a safety, other than the long trigger pull?
Sig P238

Thumb saftey, single action trigger, to be carried chambered, cocked, and locked.

P238

·
Registered
481 Posts
Check out the new bodyguard 380 from smith and wesson. My second pick would be the sig p238, the only thing I don't like about the 238 if that the thumb safety doesn't lock the slide in place like on a 1911.

Sent from Nates Droid X

·
Registered
100 Posts
I initially wanted the BG 380 because it felt good compared to the LCP, but someone was selling it for $250 with ammo, so I jumped on it. I added the CT laser with the $50 rebate and the mag extension and added grip. Now it feels SNUG! I love it and use it as my primary carry. I am all about pocket carry since I wear shorts a lot.

I did not like the laser activation button the BG380. Seems like it required extra effort compared to the CT laser on the LCP.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I would not carry a S/A C&L'd in my pocket. IWB/OWB no problem, but in my pocket I want a long pull DAO.

Any of the P3AT,LCP size .32 & .380 guns will do nicely in a pocket. Find one you like the feel of.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you're looking for 9mm check out the Kahr PM9. A tad pricy but well worth it, I love mine and it's only a tad larger than the usual .380 autos.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The LC9 IS pocketable in non-cargo pants, but it doesn't hide nearly as well as the LCP, and it might not fit in ALL front pants pockets. I personally wouldn't consider the LC9 a pocket gun, though it is close. I'll be looking to add a pocket gun to my aresenal in the near future now that WI will finally recognize my 2A rights like most of the rest of the country. I'm considering the LCP or something like the Colt Mustang. I've already got 2 guns ahead of it in the "need to buy" list, so I have a little while to figure it out.

·
Registered
107 Posts
If you're looking for 9mm check out the Kahr PM9. A tad pricy but well worth it, I love mine and it's only a tad larger than the usual .380 autos.
but go w/ the CM9 , about $200 less expensive and reaaly losing nothing important .

D

·
0 Posts
Yup, I recommend a CM9 too. I love mine. I consider it at the upper end of what is pocketable. Of course, it all depends on how big your pockets are, and what kind of pocket holster you use. For example, if you use one of the more expensive pocket holsters, they often have a closed bottom. While that's good for keeping pocket lint out, it is bad for concealability because it adds some height.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
I love my PM9 and carry it about 90% of the time, but calling it a true pocket pistol IMO is a streatch. Only time I pocket carry it is in a Jacket /Vest pocket or cargo shorts. Rest of the time it's CC on my hip. Believe I can get it off my hip faster than I could get it out of a pocket.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Check out the new bodyguard 380 from smith and wesson. My second pick would be the sig p238, the only thing I don't like about the 238 if that the thumb safety doesn't lock the slide in place like on a 1911.

Sent from Nates Droid X
Didn't the Bodyguard 380 get recalled about a year ago? Something about issues with the slide?? I hadn't heard about it getting fixed yet. For me, it's Ruger SP101 for a revolver, and the Ruger sr9c just cuz I like the price, the single-stack, and the feel of it. Until Springfield listens to the people and comes out with a single stack compact of their own!!

·
Registered
481 Posts
They reworked the frame to slide design and the slide release from what I heard. Supposedly the new ones are good to go. I'll be buying one as soon as I can pull it off.

Sent from Nates Droid X

1 - 20 of 23 Posts