Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been seriously considering buying something very small and pocketable. I don't really like anything under a 9MM. But, something is better than nothing. Don't want a revolver, been there had them. I've been looking at the Ruger LCP just to have in my pocket. I can't always have my XDM or Glock with me. Its never too far away, but not always with me as I would like. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
LCP is a good pistol. I have the Kel-Tec P3AT and have had no problems. Sig P238 is a GREAT .380 to have, but it is a little pricey.

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
S&W bodyguard, if you can find one!

·
Registered
6,742 Posts
A CM9 with an elpaso pocket holster. I just had one in my pocket a few minutes ago. 9mm with no more recoil than a 380 and the price is comparable at sale prices of $399 to $410.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I pocket carry a Sig 238 on a daily basis. No failures whatsoever, but yes, it is more money than a LCP or Kel-Tec

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
You may want to hold out until the new Beretta Nano hits the shelves. But if ya feel it's too big, I vote for the LCP.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
CM9/PM9 - I doubt I'll ever dive into the .380 world ever again, had an LCP and it was a love/hate relationship. Yes, it's small, but it's not that much smaller than a CM9/PM9 - deal with the extra weight and you can pocket carry a 9mm that is well made and accurate, not to mention more powerful.

I carry mine one of 3 ways right now:
Desantis Super Fly (in pocket)
SmartCarry
Silent Thunder (IWB)

Galco OWB in the mail, can't report on that yet.

·
Registered
127 Posts
my sig p238 equinox is a great little pocket carry now if texas would get on the ball and get me my chl i could carry it. Never had a problem with it yet but it has just been a range and car gun so far

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
With this flat line economy we're living in I can think of no greater bargain in a pocket .380 SD pistol than A Kel Tec P3at or a Ruger LCP. There not range toys and there not a whole lot off fun to shoot to many rounds through at one time. But for a up close SD pocket pistol they fill the need quite well.
I also have a P3at that I've owned for 2+years and have about 800 rounds through it. Since it's initial breakin and a Fluff and Buff it has proven itself to a very reliable tool.

My EDC is a PM9 but there are those times when the pocket pistol .380 just works best.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, I've had a Kel Tec P9 I think it was (hated that thing). The trigger pull was like three days long. I've also had chunky revolvers in my pocket all day long too (too big). I like the idea of a slim, light, compact, 6+1 semi, in my pocket! I don't want to spend a fortune on a backup pocket pistol either. Hmmm, think I know what I may be getting next week!

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
The trigger pull was like three days long.
The trigger pull on the LCP is that way too. It's the only safety on the gun, so I'm ok with that. I've fired hundreds upon hundreds of rounds through mine so I'm used to it. The only malfunction I had was Tula ammo getting hung up in the magazine and not feeding. Steel case stays away from my LCP.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I have a LCP & really like it. No malfunctions, very easy to hide and conceal with a pocket holster. I put a CTC laser on it, mag finger ext, and a Hogue Hand-All Jr. grip & it is very comfortable to shoot. It is also very very accurate with the laser.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I have had my LCP for about 6 months now and it's been virtually flawless. I've got about 600 rounds through it now and had one failure to extract in the first 200 rounds. I plan on picking up a CM9 soon so that may end up replacing the LCP. If I can get a decent amount for it I may sell the LCP. I also have about 300 rounds of FMJ to help sweeten the deal.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Look at the Bersa's. My wife carries one and loves it, and my dad has had one for 15 years with no issues and always comes back to it for his carry piece.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I pocket and IWB carry a Kel-Tec P3AT. Bought it used on the cheap, so I was skeptical, to my delight it has been flawless. Been using Gold Dots for carrying and WWB/PMC for practice.

My Dad recently bought a P238 that has been a little fussy about ammo, it doesn't like a flatnose bullet. He has several aftermarket mags with the extensions and it makes the gun pretty comfortable to shoot.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Have to agree the Bersa Thunder .380 is a nice Pistol at a great price but it's hardly a small pocket pistol. I had one but traded it on a smokin hot deal on a 30/30 Marlin lever action rifle. My XD9SC and the Bersa Thunder .380 kind of got put on the shelf when I got the PM9 and it became my EDC,so now I own neither the XD or the Bersa. Both good reliable guns but the PM9 just fit my needs better.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts