Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a good left hand draw pocket holster. I carry either a J Frame S&W or a Taurus 85. Both use the same holster. I now have an uncle mikes pocket holster The trouble I find with an Uncle Mikes Pocket Holster is that to many times you draw the gun and the holster stays on the gun. What Pocket Holster do you use and have you ever had trouble of the gun not coming out of the holster on the draw?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Check out Mika pocket holsters.

Mika's Pocket Holsters - Custom Made Pocket Holsters, Waistband Holsters, Vest Holsters, Tactical Pocket Mirrors And Much More.

I have one on order from him and have read nothing but great reviews about it. Supposedly they are very fast and easy to draw from and stay in your pocket every time. They arent made for looks though! but for $18.95 I dont think you could go wrong. You can get it in either round or square bottom (many people say they get both since they are cheap enough).

While I am waiting for my Mika pocket holster, I got a cheapie Blackhawk pocket holster which is actually pretty nice.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I, have one and use it with my S&W 642. Haven't had a problem drawing yet.

·
Registered
368 Posts
If both guns use the same holster, and you plan on pocket carrying for the forseeable future life of the pants, do what I did and sew a smaller pocket so that the holster is held more tightly. The holster will stay in the pocket when you draw, and it will also keep the grip of the guns right where you want them instead of rolling around in your pocket.

Start by turning the pants inside out and then put the gun and holster in the pocket. Use safety pins to create a pocket around the holster and then try the pants on. Repeat until you get it how you like it and then mark with a pen, take the pins out, take the gun and holster out and sew.

·
Registered
512 Posts

Mika's Pocket Holsters - Custom Made Pocket Holsters, Waistband Holsters, Vest Holsters, Tactical Pocket Mirrors And Much More.

I have one on order from him and have read nothing but great reviews about it. Supposedly they are very fast and easy to draw from and stay in your pocket every time. They arent made for looks though! but for $18.95 I dont think you could go wrong. You can get it in either round or square bottom (many people say they get both since they are cheap enough).

While I am waiting for my Mika pocket holster, I got a cheapie Blackhawk pocket holster which is actually pretty nice.
I've had one of these for a couple of months now and it is the best pocket holster I've owned. I've been using it with my G26, so I'm hoping it will fit my XD9sc (when I get it ;-)). It took a couple of months to get in as he was quite busy, but it was worth the wait. When you get it you're liable to look at it and be completely underwhelmed, as it doesn't look like much, but it works great and mine has held up perfectly.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts

Couple of days late.... but,
Get the MIKA!! Best inexpensive pocket holster ever. Even has "cool" factor as he personalizes each holster with your name.

MM

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I had the same problem when I first tried a pocket holster. I wear khakis and suit pants with fairly loose pockets. I was trying to completely clear the opening of the pocket, which (not surprisingly) resulted in the holster not catching on anything.

The trick is to push the gun against the inside of the pocket as you draw. Some people push against their leg, but I find it better to apply upward pressure of the slide/holster. It is like trying point the gun downrange while it is still in my pocket, except I'm also pulling it back and out. (No need to push the holster off with thumb.) The holster stays in my pocket every single time, and when the gun clears my pocket it is already pointing downrange.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have a DM Bullard for my P3AT. It's rough side out and has what would be considered a sight channel sewn in the forward edge. This channel has a point at the top to grab the edge of the pocket. It also has a reversible flap that can be attatched to prevent printing. Cheap enough and well made. I find it almost impossible to get the holster out of my pocket. Takes two hands. Gun however slides right out.

J

1 - 10 of 10 Posts