Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!
It has been a while!
Time for a new toy, I want a new pocket gun, I have considered the sig p290, Kimber solo, ruger's and keltecs... BUT, I am going to have to go with a kahr!

Can anyone tell me what is the difference between the CM9 and the PM9, there is like a 200 bucks difference!

Thanks!

·
Registered
931 Posts
don't have one, but have heard the PM is just built with tighter tolerances so everything fits together really solid. also, I think the slide is produced with a different manufacturing process than on the CW

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
Good choice on the Kahr considering the P290 and Solo are not pocket guns.

I had a PM9 for awhile, good reliable pistol.
But I sold it to my Dad.

The LCP worked out better for me for pocket carry..

·
Registered
481 Posts
CM vs PM = CM is the SAME size as the PM / barrel is std. rifeling vs. polygonal in the PM / slide lock is MIM vs. milled in the PM / front site is pinned vs. dove tail in PM / only get one mag. with the CM (6 rds) where you get a 6 and a 7 with the PM.......everything else is the same.
I have PM and my brother just bought the CM two months ago.
I think on a 3" barrel you don't really benefit from the more expensive polygonal barrel esp. at the distances you would most probably deploy a pocket pistol.
Hope this helps!

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great guys!!!! cannot wait to get mine!
Thanks all the input!
I kinda wanted the p290 (because it was a sig) but i heard that it was so so... Kimber... I want but its waaaaaaay to much for what it is =(

·
Registered
194 Posts
CM vs PM = CM is the SAME size as the PM / barrel is std. rifeling vs. polygonal in the PM / slide lock is MIM vs. milled in the PM / front site is pinned vs. dove tail in PM / only get one mag. with the CM (6 rds) where you get a 6 and a 7 with the PM.......everything else is the same.
I have PM and my brother just bought the CM two months ago.
I think on a 3" barrel you don't really benefit from the more expensive polygonal barrel esp. at the distances you would most probably deploy a pocket pistol.
Hope this helps!
Exactly correct DeadEye!
The first 2 guy's responses, not so much...:confused:
This should tell you everything you need to know.
http://www.kahr.com/PDF/CM9093r2.pdf
And before you get told you can't get night sights for the CM/CW...You can:)

·
Registered
461 Posts
I carry a CM9 and it is great for pocket carry. Had a LCP but wanted 9mm pocket gun. You cannot go wrong with a Kahr. I own 3 of them!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Cool!
Now spill the beans! who and where do I get those night sights?
get a PM9 slide? jkjk
No, same slide:) the front is attached by a screw and post set-up like a Glock is.
Ask and ye shall recieve...Full set
Kahr CW/CM Trijicon Night Sights - Style # KWTNSKT, Kahr Arms Sights

I went with just the front for $30 It really is all you need IMO.
Kahr CW/CM Front Trijicon Night Sight - Style # 034CW9, Kahr Arms Sights

Also Dawson Precision makes front staked on black, Fiber optic, and Tritium N.S. for the CM/CW's
Front
www.dawsonprecision.com SIGHTS FRONT:Kahr Front Sights Category
Rear
www.dawsonprecision.com SIGHTS REAR:Kahr Arms Rear Sights Category

Here is my CM9 with LG437 lasergrip, Trijicon front N.S. and Traction grips. an awesome little carry gun.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No, same slide:) the front is attached by a screw and post set-up like a Glock is.
Ask and ye shall recieve...Full set
Kahr CW/CM Trijicon Night Sights - Style # KWTNSKT, Kahr Arms Sights

I went with just the front for $30 It really is all you need IMO.
Kahr CW/CM Front Trijicon Night Sight - Style # 034CW9, Kahr Arms Sights

Also Dawson Precision makes front staked on black, Fiber optic, and Tritium N.S. for the CM/CW's
Front
www.dawsonprecision.com SIGHTS FRONT:Kahr Front Sights Category
Rear
www.dawsonprecision.com SIGHTS REAR:Kahr Arms Rear Sights Category

Here is my CM9 with LG437 lasergrip, Trijicon front N.S. and Traction grips. an awesome little carry gun.
COOL! Thanks

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Just when I thought I'd decided to go with the PM9 over the CM9 .....now I'm back to considering the CM9 again! :p

On the bright side ...if I do go with the CM9 ...that's $200 extra bucks in my pocket!

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just when I thought I'd decided to go with the PM9 over the CM9 .....now I'm back to considering the CM9 again! :p

On the bright side ...if I do go with the CM9 ...that's $200 extra bucks in my pocket!
I can live without those "extras" and save myself 200 bucks!

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Have the PM9 and it's a great pistol but there is nothing wrong with saving $200. It will buy quite a bit of ammo.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
I went ahead and bought the CM9 tonight and got a great price on it. Only $429 plus tax. Other local gun shops were asking from $459 and wouldn't budge on the price...one said he could get me one for $499. Another told me he could get it in a few days for me for $436 and I was about ready to go for it until I found the shop I eventually bought it at. For those in the southeastern PA area. I'd highly recommend Tanner's Sport Center in Jamison, PA. Great prices and nice guys. They also had the best price on a PM9 that I found in a gun shop, for $629. Most were asking $699 for one.

Thanks again for all the help and advise. I cleaned and oiled her up tonight and looking forward to my first outing at the range with it, on Thursday light. :)

She sure looks sweet all cleaned up! :)

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Been to Tanners many times and have bought a few guns from them. They are good people but not the best if your trading in a gun to buy another. Pays to shop around for sure.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I went ahead and bought the CM9 tonight and got a great price on it. Only $429 plus tax. Other local gun shops were asking from $459 and wouldn't budge on the price...one said he could get me one for $499. Another told me he could get it in a few days for me for $436 and I was about ready to go for it until I found the shop I eventually bought it at. For those in the southeastern PA area. I'd highly recommend Tanner's Sport Center in Jamison, PA. Great prices and nice guys. They also had the best price on a PM9 that I found in a gun shop, for $629. Most were asking $699 for one.

Thanks again for all the help and advise. I cleaned and oiled her up tonight and looking forward to my first outing at the range with it, on Thursday light. :)

She sure looks sweet all cleaned up! :)

Great prices!
Paid the same in GA

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Don't forget that Kahrs do need a break-in. Get some high power loads for the first 200 rounds.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts