Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do any of you out there manage to pocket carry your xd subcompact?
or do most of you find it too bulky?
thanx

·
Registered
100 Posts
Which pocket do you intend to carry in? For my XD40 4", I've carried it in my cargo pant side pocket, down by the thigh as in like where a tactical holster would hold it. It works so-so; I prefer to holster it properly. Besides, when you do carry it in a pocket, you get all sorts of lint and pocket dust in your gun, not to mention oiling up your clothes. But it works nonetheless.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I've carried my SC in my front pocket using a Hume715 clip on. Not the best way to carry. It doesn't completely hide the gun and isn't as secure as IWB but if I'm just transporting my gun from my glovebox in my car into my house its convenient. Depending on how tight you pocket is (not saying your cheap) your pretty much relying on the clip to hold it on.

·
Registered
17 Posts
texas07 said:
do any of you out there manage to pocket carry your xd subcompact?
or do most of you find it to bulky?
thanx
Talking about pocket carry. I was talking with another officer I work with and noticed what I thought was a knife clip on his side. I asked what kind of knife he had as I carry a Kershaw for cutting seat belts for accident victims extractions. Come to find out it wasn't a knife but a Kel-Tec 380 with what looks like a knife clip attached to the rear. Darn if you could tell it was a gun. Believe me 380's with Cor-Bon ammo is nothing to laugh at. I bought one a couple days after I saw his and now use it as a back-up for duty carry and when I'm off duty and in summer shorts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I definately intend to use a holster. I've got a friend who carries his bulgarian makarov in a pocket holster and loves it. Thats what got me thinking about it. the xd subcompact is just a tad shorter in both length and height than the mak, but is thicker. I've been thinking about a mak for myself for a while, but if the extra thickness wasnt to big an issue, the xd is lighter, higher capacity, and shoots a bigger bullet. I am kinda set on pocket carry, so i thought i'd see if anybody else had tried it with much success.

·
Registered
298 Posts
my dad is going to pocket carry a sc, he is used to bulky pockets full of stuff but since he picked up his chl he has emptied out one pocket and its now full of gun.

i let him tote my sc around the house for a while and he dosnt find it to bulky but it deffinatly needs a good holster to cover the trigger and keep it from printing while your walking.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
with my s&w 642, i take it out...

i admit, it's certainly not the most convenient option from that standpoint...
rather, my choice is a function of how i dress.

if i'm traveling with people (like my girlfriend's family) who i dont want to know i am carrying, i make a point to wear long pants with an ankle holster...

.....anyways, i would like to move into a world of more than five shots...that's why i'm here asking you guys...

·
Registered
314 Posts
This is for pocket carry.......

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I carry it in my cargo pocket sometimes when I get the mail in the middle of the night.

Folks like to keep it dark around here.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
would you carry a Kahr for a pocket gun? I would be nervouse carrying an automatic pistol in my pocket.. My little Taurus is close to ideal.. but it has a hammer.. If pocket carry were my goal I think I would get the hammerless version of the .38 special +p

That would be my choice.

Raymond

·
Registered
314 Posts
The Kahr PM9 I carry is totally safe for pocket carry. Since it is double action only, there is no difference in it and a revolver as far as safety is concerned. Check out Kahr's web site for info on all the drop testing they have done. It's impressive. :wink:

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
It's probably just a personal issue.. I like the heavy trigger on the Taurus revolver.. An automatic pisol would not be my choice. If I were to put a pistol in my pocket...

I would want a heavy trigger. The Taurus In single action is a tack driver... but in my pocket.... well.. I don't want to accidentally shoot off anything I need. I wont point it in DAO that I don't intend to kill... and if I have time I will shoot it SAO... mostly.. shooting at paper is my goal.

Raymond

·
Premium Member
24,885 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,885 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,885 Posts

1 - 20 of 22 Posts