Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I've seen a couple of threads over this debate over the years but haven't seen one recently and I'm trying to decide between the two. They each have had their problems and so I'm wondering if anyone who has one or both could comment on whether these problems have been fixed and if you're still satisfied with the firearm. In particular, I've read that the Beretta doesn't like 115gr ammo and the Kahr should not be slingshotted (not sure if a problem, or just the way it is). Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
8,351 Posts
ive shot both. I have owned several kahrs. the kahr is a less bulky gun with a much better trigger. The nano is a good gun. But if it were me i would carry the kahr.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
The Kahr can be slingshotted but it's gotta be fast and hard.

Love my PM9 but if the CM was out when I got it I'd have easily gone for it and saved a few hundred.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ive shot both. I have owned several kahrs. the kahr is a less bulky gun with a much better trigger. The nano is a good gun. But if it were me i would carry the kahr.
I was able to rent the Kahr and I did like the trigger. I've only held the Nano at a store and the trigger was long and gritty. I'm wondering if it's something that can be broken in and improved or did the one you shoot feel the same way?

·
Registered
8,351 Posts
I havent seen anyone offering a trigger job for the nano. It really is just long and not to great in general. Kahrs are known for long but smooth triggers. The nano is a good weapon but kahr makes a better micro gun.

·
Premium Member
1,574 Posts
Hey all,
In particular, I've read that the Beretta doesn't like 115gr ammo and the Kahr should not be slingshotted (not sure if a problem, or just the way it is).
I've heard that about the Kahr too. However, being a PM9 (the CM9 is a lower price point version of the PM9) owner, I have no problem chambering a round be it by slingshotting the slide or dropping it using the slide release. I also was told it would take me 200 rounds to "break in" my Kahr....hmmm....it has ran great since the 1st round was fired. Maybe the 200 rounds was so that I had enough time to get the hang of shooting a small single stack 9mm before I got on a web site and whined about it. :mrgreen: As far as I know, some CM9s still have an issue with the feed ramp being a bit too long and it breaking the magazine follower. Kahr will fix it for you if you contact them.

I've never shot the Beretta so can't say anything about it.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
I've never owned the Beretta but have a CM9 and had a PM9 and they're excellent guns. I would buy the Kahr.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I prefer to pocket carry, and the PM9 is easier to conceal than the Nano. The Nano trigger improves with use, but as with all Beretta pistols the trigger pull is long and requires more force than I like. That said, I also own a Kimber Solo and it is easier tho carry and conceal than either the PM9 or the Nano. I know it is not a 9mm, but one of my favorite carry guns is my G42. I bought the G42 because my Kahr P380 was not reliable. Traded the Kahr P380 for a Springfield XDS 4.0 which I really like.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I prefer to pocket carry, and the PM9 is easier to conceal than the Nano. The Nano trigger improves with use, but as with all Beretta pistols the trigger pull is long and requires more force than I like. That said, I also own a Kimber Solo and it is easier tho carry and conceal than either the PM9 or the Nano. I know it is not a 9mm, but one of my favorite carry guns is my G42. I bought the G42 because my Kahr P380 was not reliable. Traded the Kahr P380 for a Springfield XDS 4.0 which I really like.
I've shot the XDS before and love it. Do any of you pocket carry it? It seems a little big for that. If I didn't already have an XDM 3.8 for most of my carry needs, I would get it. Just looking for a summer carry.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts