Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone use a pocket holster for their subcompact. I would like to try one and am looking for a recommendation. Sam e question for ankle holster too.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Anybody I've ever known who's had an ankle holster gave it up after trying to draw from it. They're an out of the way place for a small gun, but you've all but got to hike your pants half way up and get low to draw it, and unless you have real skinny legs, jeans would be a problem. As far as pocket holsters, no idea, surely someone else will have an opinion on those though. :)

Matthew

·
Registered
138 Posts
I think that in general the subby is too big to be carried in the pocket. Maybe in some pants you could, but in most pockets no way. Plus it looks really obvious and cannot be drawn as fast as from most iwb/owb holsters (generally speaking)

·
Banned
1,224 Posts
If in an altercation, try to draw from an ankle holster while running. I carry a revolver in a pocket all the time, not sure about the sub though since I have a service XD. You might want to consider a Smart Carry holster it is deep concealment so not super fast to draw ( faster than ankle carry) but it works.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice about the ankle holsters. I have never used one and never really considered their (lack of) functionality.

As for pocket holsters, my sub fits in my jacket or hooded sweatshirt pockets easily. I just want something to help prevent printing,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts