Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out at sportsman warehouse the other day and they had 20 round boxes for 9 bucks so i picked a couple up. They are the .223 55gr FMJBT. Well, on each one of em they have a red ring around the primer and I am new to the rifle ammo but havent seen this on any of the other kinds I have picked up and never seen it on pistol ammo. I figure the ammo is ok but I was curious as to what exactly this is? figured I would use this as an opportunity to further my knowledge a tad bit. Thanks

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
It's sealant used to make the primer water and oil resistant.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Most of the military ammo will have a sealant, not all ammo. You can also see it in wolf, and some of the mil surplus. Sometimes it will be a green color and will also be around the bullet and case area.

·
Premium Member
3,187 Posts
It will get all over your chamber and firing controls. Gotta love it. I just cleaned my AR this afternoon after putting about 150 rounds of Prvi M193 thru it. Little red pieces of that [email protected] everywhere. Took a little longer to clean, OCD, gotta get all those little red specks of stuff out of there!!!!

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
PMC Bronze is good stuff. I just ordered another 1,000 rounds of it from Able Ammo.

·
Registered
555 Posts
PMC is pretty good stuff. Shortly after I got my AR I bought 2k rounds of it and thats pretty much all thats been shot through it.

The only red I find in the action is the face of the bolt where the primer sits against.

Overall good ammo at a good price.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Natchez Supply will have this ammo on sale at times for $6.49 per 20. $324.50 per 1k. I have bought from them several times.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Natchez Supply will have this ammo on sale at times for $6.49 per 20. $324.50 per 1k. I have bought from them several times.
Do they charge shipping? Also, is their policies on que with government standards? AIM Surplus won't accept any orders on ammunition unless your 21+. I know some places want a drivers license for age verification, etc.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wish I had known that is was a good quality ammo i would have picked some more up..ill have to go back this weekend and see about getting a few more. Thanks for all the replies.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Do they charge shipping? Also, is their policies on que with government standards? AIM Surplus won't accept any orders on ammunition unless your 21+. I know some places want a drivers license for age verification, etc.
They do charge shipping. Can't tell you for sure how much it is. I order online, and am sure I didn't have to verify that I was 21. There may have been a disclaimer that I don't recall.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts