Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I anyone experiencing failures to fire and stove piping w/ PMC. I have been using Winny Wht Bx w/ 0, no, nada failures of ANY KIND. Bought a Mega Pak, 250 rds, of PMC today and went to range. Wow, in 100 rounds had 5 FTF and numerous stove pipes!

·
Registered
182 Posts
haven't shot it through my XD, but with my kimber i have put 1500+ rounds of it through it earlier this year. never had a problem with it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I dropped PMC completly.First a sig in .357 sig that locked the slide up.The recoil spring was was a mangled mess and one hell of a recoil.Second was a .40 in a ruger P944 that felt like a proof load,no damage to the ruger.They had only been chambered once.May be bullet set back or overload.Burned twice,so no more PMC for me.I hope the LE people are aware not to use loads in .357sig and .40 caliber when they come off duty unload and and use the same round over again.Pressures in those two calibers go sky high with a small bullet set back in those calibers.

Ed

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Black: THANKS for the post, I am new to pistols and needed to know it was not just me or something I had done. Everything was SO DIFFERENT using this stuff I knew something was up!

·
Registered
85 Posts
spent several hours of rare quality time with twin sons yesterday at range.
2 xd sub compacts and ruger p95.
10 boxes of $3.86 - russian & barnul & blazer & some white box winnie.
failure to feed twice on ruger, none on xd's.
standing, with two hand hold xd's grouped 3" at 9 yards.
ruger a little larger.
no appreciable fouling on the xd i cleaned.
had a great time.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I haven't used any in a while, but I used to run a lot thru my Glock. I never had any problems. I hope this is not a trend, cost cutting leading to poor quality ammunition. This isn't like some products where you can live with an occasional problem to save a couple of pennies.

·
Registered
277 Posts
MarkA said:
I anyone experiencing failures to fire and stove piping w/ PMC. I have been using Winny Wht Bx w/ 0, no, nada failures of ANY KIND. Bought a Mega Pak, 250 rds, of PMC today and went to range. Wow, in 100 rounds had 5 FTF and numerous stove pipes!
I don't use WWB for my XD,. I always get FTEs with WWB. I always use PMC. I never had any problems.

Do you mean the mega pak of UMC( rem. ) yellow box, or PMC. If you are talking about PMC , where did you get the 250 pak. I want sum.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
That's weird Linchpin, I have never had any kind of failure in my SC 9mm with WWB. Not that it should make any difference, but what XD do you have? I would figure the SC, of all the XDs would have the problem due to it's smaller size, but no.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I presently carry PMC Starfire 124g in mine for defense I usually push 2 mags thru it on a regular basis to check for problems and have had none, I push SA 124 hardball to practice with

·
Premium Member
23,184 Posts
i just ran 200 rounds thru my xd9 sc and never missed a beat with them these were in the orange and white box gotthem from the PMC truck that was in town 3 weeks ago for 4.59 a box

·
Registered
277 Posts
retired said:
That's weird Linchpin, I have never had any kind of failure in my SC 9mm with WWB. Not that it should make any difference, but what XD do you have? I would figure the SC, of all the XDs would have the problem due to it's smaller size, but no.
I have a 9mm. Tactical

·
Registered
21 Posts
Took my brand new XDM 3.8 9mm to the range. Shot 100 rounds through it.

PMC Bronze 115 gr, FMJ

1 Jam
1 FTF
4 Stove pipes.

Lot of smoke and diry. I am not a small guy (6'1" , 285 #'s ) and can hold onto the gun so I don't think limp wristing is the problem.

I have seen some write-ups recommending nothing less then:

115 gr: 1,180 fps
124 gr: 1,148 fps

In the Glocks and XDm 9's since they have a heavier spring then many other and the lighter loads can cause issues with stove piping and jamming.

Appreciate any feed back on this issue.
Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
I went back to the range today. Shot the following:

100 rounds of 115 gr Gold dot HP - no issues.
100 rounds of 115 gr Lawman TMJ - no issues.
100 rounds of 115 gr Winchester USA FMJ - no issues.
100 rounds of 115 gr Magtech FMJ - no issues.

The fist thing out of several people was limp wrist. Don't buy it!

I found several test that were run on Glocks & XDm's using various different loads and the results showed issues with the lighter velocity loads.

Glock use to recommend NOT using anything that was 115 gr. W/ velocity less then 1180 fps or 124 gr w/ velocity less then 1148 fps.

With the heavy springs it can cause feed, stove piping and jam issues.

Today proved that. By the way I had 2 stove pipes when I tried to shoot 2 more clips of the PMC.

D

·
0 Posts
PMC Bronze? I've used the stuff before in my .45 ACP. It works fine. It is "dirty" and flashes a lot more than say, American Eagle, but I haven't had a malfunction with it.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I have yet to find ammo my xd doesn't like. I don't nearly fire as many rounds as a lot of you but I've fed mine a bunch of brands and never had a problem. I have 850 rounds through mine and never had a problem even with +p rated ammo. I'm typing this as I'm knocking on wood.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts