Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have looked around but have not seen one?

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
Nobody makes one yet.

However, through Dillon (www.bluepress) they sell a fabric coupler make of what appears to be nylon webbing. it might work even though it was designed around the GI mag. But the PMag isn't as square as GI, so who knows.
Go check out some pics. I'll be waiting for a dedicated PMag coupler myself:-o

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I haven't seen one yet, nor have I heard of anyone coupling any of their PMags together. I wonder if a standard MagCinch for the M16/AR-15 30-round mags would work?

·
Premium Member
7,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Went poking around on ARFCOM looking for some more info since I would kinda like to slap a few of my mags together as well (too many irons in the fire these days).

Here is a link to a thread that pictures two PMAGs with the Arredondo couplers. Apparently it takes some doing to get them on, but they work and lock up solidly.

AR15.COM :: Forums :: home made pmag coupler

Also mentioned the ProMag couplers working on the PMAGs as well.

FYI...

·
Premium Member
7,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Went poking around on ARFCOM looking for some more info since I would kinda like to slap a few of my mags together as well (too many irons in the fire these days).

Here is a link to a thread that pictures two PMAGs with the Arredondo couplers. Apparently it takes some doing to get them on, but they work and lock up solidly.

AR15.COM :: Forums :: home made pmag coupler

Also mentioned the ProMag couplers working on the PMAGs as well.

FYI...
Great find! Elbow grease and stretching??? I wonder if they were heated up a little that it wouldn't be as hard to do? :confused:

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I have never personally handled or seen the Arredondo couplers before, but I can't imagine that you could just "stretch" them too well without applying a little heat to them. Their baseplates and ranger plates are tough as hell and don't seem like they'd exactly be plyable. Maybe send the OP over on ARFCOM a PM/E-mail and see if he can offer any helpful hints about getting them installed.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
I hate mag couplers because they are too thick to grab, pinch the mags and many other common short comings of conventional strap systems.. This coupler was designed to feel like a single mag, and we did it. There is not doubt this coupler is the most secure, easiest to grab and change of ANY coupler I've ever seen. We scrapped a bunch of designs and when we hit this one, it was perfect.

Of course we will fine tune the lines and angles to make it look like part of the magazine, but this should give you a good idea of what we will have available very shortly.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
I hate mag couplers because they are too thick to grab, pinch the mags and many other common short comings of conventional strap systems.. This coupler was designed to feel like a single mag, and we did it. There is not doubt this coupler is the most secure, easiest to grab and change of ANY coupler I've ever seen. We scrapped a bunch of designs and when we hit this one, it was perfect.

Of course we will fine tune the lines and angles to make it look like part of the magazine, but this should give you a good idea of what we will have available very shortly.
The real question is can you wear it on your hip like the IDF babes do?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts