Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I initially wanted a Ruger LC9, but after comparing it to the PM9 at the gun store yesterday, I think the Kahr is worth the money. I'm just worried about the reliability issues I've been hearing about. I can't get a CM9 because they aren't MA compliant (yet). How does everyone like their PM9?

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Love mine, goes BANG every time. Break the gun in with a few hundred rounds and find a HP defense load it likes (not that mine is picky, it's not) and don't look back

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Love mine, goes BANG every time. Break the gun in with a few hundred rounds and find a HP defense load it likes (not that mine is picky, it's not) and don't look back
Awesome...thanks for the confidence! Any upgrades you recommend? I'm not big on lasers, but it sounds like polishing the feed ramp and night sights will be in the works once it's purchased.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
LOVE my PM9, it is my every day carry gun and 0 issues of any kind in over 600 rounds. It's small, but I could shoot it all day long, love the smooth trigger as well.

You'll get a nosedive from slingshotting the slide, but some ammo is better than others.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Mine is the cheaper CM-9 and the feed ramp comes with a mirror polish job already done.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
I like my PM9, but don't love it. Very concealable, but I hate the trigger. I prefer to pocket carry my LCR when I can't carry my normal XDsc.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
I have the PM9. It is by far my favorite EDC pistol. I've had no issues with mine what so ever. I think it's a bit big to be considered a true pants pocket pistol, but carries well on the hip or in vest or jacket pocket. Anything smaller in a 9mm I think would not be such a great shooter. The trigger ,at least on mine is smooth as butter,and the accuracy is very good for a gun of it's size.
To me it feels very much like you'd expect a XD9 single stack to feel. But is made by Kahr. If I had anything negative to say about the PM9 I would, but how can you say anything negative about a pistol that is well made, reliable,accurate, and is comfortable to carry. It may not be a pistol that works for everybody because they are on the upper end of the price range of small 9mm pistols but I'm sure enough happy with my purchase of one. I also like the Walther PPS 9mm. It is also a bit spendy like the PM9, but is it really if you intend to use it as a SD carry pistol?

·
Registered
481 Posts
My PM9 is my EDC in the summer time also. My trigger pulls smooth (long but smooth) at 5 lbs. 5 oz. I carry in front pocket of baggy jeans or cargo pocket in shorts inside a DM Bullard leather Pocket/Wallet holster. I did take the flap off the hoster, it supposed to protect against printing, but impeeds the draw slightly.
Brake it in like you can find on Khartalk and you are good to go. Kahr recomends 200 rds to break in before putting the gun into service.......they are put together tight.
I put 190 rounds fmj thru it changed to JHP.....round 192 failed to climb the ramp......cleaned the ramp......no more issues with at least 500 rounds through it including 80 rounds JHP.
Toobad you can't go with the CM and save a couple hundred bucks!!:(

·
Registered
118 Posts
I bought a PM9 recently and took it out to the range. I had a bunch of feed problems with it - too many to count. They seemed to happen when I used the 9-round magazines, but not the smaller ones. Working the slide was a nightmare (my arms were literally shaking) when clearing jams.

I love the trigger and I'm hoping it gets better.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I've got around 1k through mine. No failures. zero. Dry, wet, full of pocket lint, whatever. It always shoots.

·
Premium Member
1,574 Posts
Mine has run reliably since day #1. It is my regular CCW pistol in a OWB High Noon horsehide holster. If that doesn't fit the situation, I slip it into a pocket holster and drop it in a front pocket.

I must have missed the memo about the 9 round mags for the PM9. I've only seen 6 and 7 round mags....have both and they work equally well. Kind of wondering why the 9 round mag....it sure negates the entire purpose of having a small footprint 9mm. But then again, folks put 30 round mags in Glocks....I guess, what ever floats the boat.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts