Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone here have any knowledge of AR 15 plum crazy lower.
pos+/- neg any problems they have seen for themselves.
I thinking about getting one and thought I would throw it out here first :D

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
The only issue(s) I have heard about them is the trigger in them are too wide to work with most caliber conversion uppers, and the buttstock threading could strip if you strike something with your buttstock.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
The only issue(s) I have heard about them is the trigger in them are too wide to work with most caliber conversion uppers, and the buttstock threading could strip if you strike something with your buttstock.
How would the width of the trigger have any affect on an upper?

don

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
Conversion uppers (like 22 especially), are more narrow than standard bolt carriers (which dont' have a frame the bolt slides back and forth on)

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
I don't know if trimming it weakens it or not.

But PCF does make a conversion hammer just for that purpose.

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
I don't know if trimming it weakens it or not.

But PCF does make a conversion hammer just for that purpose.

·
Premium Member
9,363 Posts
spikes tactical said there are blemished lowers coming to AIM Surplus soon, so may want to keep an eye out for those, would be a great buy

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Conversion uppers (like 22 especially), are more narrow than standard bolt carriers (which dont' have a frame the bolt slides back and forth on)

I don't have a .22 conversion upper but do have other uppers that work fine and are all of standard width.

It would seem that the only thing that would cause a problem would be the .22.

Are you sure about the width of the hammer? But you said trigger not hammer!

don

·
Registered
19,975 Posts
I've read a report or 2 of them cracking around the holes.

If you want a lightweight plastic AR, I'd go with a Kel Tech. They are designed from the ground up to be poly. the plumb crazy is a plastic part trying to imitate an aluminum part.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Wouldn't it be nice if someone picked up where cavalry arms left off? Wouldn't even need to ask, the answer would always be, "get a cav arms lower."

·
Registered
827 Posts
does anyone here have any knowledge of AR 15 plum crazy lower.
pos+/- neg any problems they have seen for themselves.
I thinking about getting one and thought I would throw it out here first :D
Yes, I have a plumcrazy lower, and I have used a Stag Arms upper, a DPMS, and a Del-Ton upper on it, and All worked Flawlessly.

The Trigger is smooth and Crisp.

The only thing you really need to look out for, is the takedown, and swivel pins. They are plastic as well, even the detent is plastic, so when taking apart from upper, be careful not to pull to hard, or you could pull the pins out.

Other than that, It actually works quite well.

They have a Lifetime warranty on the lower, so no matter if you sell it to someone else, the warranty follows the lower, not owner.

As long as you don't try to do any tapping drills, or drop or throw it, you won't have any issues with it.

I know of at least 20 other staff from my work that have them and like them. (prison guard)

We all have other brand lowers as well, but there is Nothing wrong with the PlumCrazy lower what so ever.

Enjoy your new lower.

Stay Safe.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Palmetto State Armory has 49 dollar stripped lowers and a complete lower parts build (LPK, m4 6 pos stock, milspec buffer tube, spring) for 106 shipped. I'd go that route and have a better quality lower.

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
I don't have a .22 conversion upper but do have other uppers that work fine and are all of standard width.

It would seem that the only thing that would cause a problem would be the .22.

Are you sure about the width of the hammer? But you said trigger not hammer!

don
I did say trigger mistakenly in the first post. All the other posts I have made, I did say hammer was too wide to work in most caliber conversions.

I do not know how they work in other caliber conversions like 9mm and 40/10, 45, etc. that do not use a standard AR carrier.

I never said they wouldn't work with a standard bolt carrier.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
I'm on my second Plum Crazy lower. The mag well was out-of-spec on the first one. It would not drop magazines, period. I sent it back under the lifetime warranty and got a second one. I'm having problems with the bolt not locking back after the last round in a mag with the second lower. Granted, that may be a problem with the bolt - not the bolt catch - so I need to toss a different upper on it to narrow down the issue. Other than that, no complaints. It actually has a pretty nice trigger. The hammer was just fine for the Del-Ton upper I put on it. I really like how light it is!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts