Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so i am going to be ordering my first AK here in about a week or so and i thought i had my choice down to the Lancaster Arms model 3060 in the russian red. But i have been looking around and i really like the look of the plum AKs from the pics i have seen, but i cannot seem to find any for sale anywhere. Could someone point me in the right direction to a few companys that sell the plum AKs? any input on the quality between these companies and lancaster would be appreciated as well.

Also when i go to the FFL to fill out the paperwork does that take any longer or a different process say from when i bought my XD?

Thanks for all the input

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Plum AK's are usually the 74 type. that being said there is nothing stopping any one from putting plum furniture on a modern AK variant.

you wont find any plum rifles for sale commericially. but like i said you can purchase a regular AK47 variant and hunt down some plumb furniture and just install it.

·
Premium Member
9,363 Posts
the background check is the same. Only thing different is when you purchase the gun the FFL faxes the seller their FFL license info before the seller can ship it. Once it gets there its just a regular ol NCIS background check. Then you pay your FFL the FFL fee

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for all the quick replies, i really appreciate it. Looks like i will be ordering the Lancaster shortly and then down the road ill look at getting some plum furniture for it. Im sure its going to be a blast to shoot

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I actually had one more ? after doing a little more research i seen that AZ response systems pretty much has the same thing in Russian red for $600 even and i think Lancaster was $679. is there any reason i just shouldnt get the cheaper of the 2? i have read good things about AZ response plus they have the Metacol III coating and Lancaster doesnt say...

i guess thats whi im askin the experts since this would be my first rifle.

TIA

·
Premium Member
1,763 Posts
From the looks of the specs of the AZ Response AK, I really don't see much difference between theirs and the Lancaster 3060 Russian Red (which I own).

I'd go with the cheaper one of that type of ak.
You're basically paying a little more for the Lancaster name on the receiver and their lifetime warranty.

When I purchased my Lancaster 3060 about 6 months ago, shipping and all total was under $600. Somewhere between $530 and $600. So that tells you prices are going to keep going up probably due to the election.

Good luck on your choice.

·
Premium Member
9,363 Posts
lancaster comes with the G2 trigger kit, not sure if the other does. Its a highly recommended trigger kit, lighter than my AR

·
Premium Member
1,763 Posts
other has the G2 as well. it's actually a decent deal for something already set up..headspaced, no problems with bent areas, test fired and sighted in ect ect.

i'd go for the cheaper one. they are basically the same ak.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts