Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, here are the latest pics of "BattleAxe", the new SBR I built out of my Kel-Tec PLR-16.
I used the stock conversion from Kel-Tec made for the SU-16C rifle and added the MagPul CTR stock and Ace folder.
As far as I know this is the first (only?) one of it's kind.
Just installed the Ace folding block today. Makes for a lightweight, mean little package. :twisted:

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thnx TMP. Been a while since I've been on here. Been dabbling in a little NFA stuff.

The XD-45 is still my favorite handgun. Got 5945 rounds through mine and still going strong. :cool:

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
that is VERY cool. i allways wanted the PLR-16 i had a SU-16C but sold it to buy an ar15. nothing wrong with the kel-tec i just wanted more options and a more solid platform. now if i knew i could build an SBR out of the PLR i might have done that instead of my cmmg 10.3" sbr, i really like how you can use a folding stock on it.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
can you post some close up pics of the stock and a discription on how you installed it?

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
That looks mean! I think you should add one of the "pain compliance" muzzle breaks for extra fun.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I know it's not an AR, but have you shot any of these Kel Tec rifles for groups at 100 yards? How do they do? CRAZY cool little rifle you got there by the way...

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
That looks mean! I think you should add one of the "pain compliance" muzzle breaks for extra fun.

great! thats the brake i put on my SBR now i just HAVE to post pics of it. (i love posting pics of my SBR!) thanks for giving me a reason to post it. :p

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
That's cool! It's nice to have a one-off piece like that. I don't know about naming my guns though - something a little nerdy about that. :D

Seriously, nice project. You should send some pics to Kel-Tec and see if they'll send you some swag!

·
Premium Member
24,884 Posts
Awesome...and that's legal?

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Awesome...and that's legal?
as long as you did it on a form 1 it would (assuming he built it himself)
or a for 4 (if he bought it allready made)

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Please say more about forms 1 + 4.

Chapie+
ATF Form 1 is an application for a tax stamp to build an NFA weapon. You must be approved before building the firearm. The OP would have needed to have an approved Form 1 in order to do this (I assume he did).

ATF Form 4 is an application for a tax stamp to have an NFA weapon transferred to you. Like if you bought a SBR from a gun shop, you'd fill out a Form 4 and would take possession of the SBR once the Form 4 got approved.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts