Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, here are the latest pics of "BattleAxe", the new SBR I built out of my Kel-Tec PLR-16.
I used the stock conversion from Kel-Tec made for the SU-16C rifle and added the MagPul CTR stock and Ace folder.
As far as I know this is the first (only?) one of it's kind.
Just installed the Ace folding block today. Makes for a lightweight, mean little package. :twisted:

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thnx TMP. Been a while since I've been on here. Been dabbling in a little NFA stuff.

The XD-45 is still my favorite handgun. Got 5945 rounds through mine and still going strong. :cool:

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
that is VERY cool. i allways wanted the PLR-16 i had a SU-16C but sold it to buy an ar15. nothing wrong with the kel-tec i just wanted more options and a more solid platform. now if i knew i could build an SBR out of the PLR i might have done that instead of my cmmg 10.3" sbr, i really like how you can use a folding stock on it.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
can you post some close up pics of the stock and a discription on how you installed it?

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
That looks mean! I think you should add one of the "pain compliance" muzzle breaks for extra fun.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
That looks mean! I think you should add one of the "pain compliance" muzzle breaks for extra fun.

great! thats the brake i put on my SBR now i just HAVE to post pics of it. (i love posting pics of my SBR!) thanks for giving me a reason to post it. :p

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
That's cool! It's nice to have a one-off piece like that. I don't know about naming my guns though - something a little nerdy about that. :D

Seriously, nice project. You should send some pics to Kel-Tec and see if they'll send you some swag!

·
Premium Member
24,884 Posts
Awesome...and that's legal?

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Awesome...and that's legal?
as long as you did it on a form 1 it would (assuming he built it himself)
or a for 4 (if he bought it allready made)

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Please say more about forms 1 + 4.

Chapie+
ATF Form 1 is an application for a tax stamp to build an NFA weapon. You must be approved before building the firearm. The OP would have needed to have an approved Form 1 in order to do this (I assume he did).

ATF Form 4 is an application for a tax stamp to have an NFA weapon transferred to you. Like if you bought a SBR from a gun shop, you'd fill out a Form 4 and would take possession of the SBR once the Form 4 got approved.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.