Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have or shoot a PLR-16?
What are your thoughts about the pistol?
How does the .223 handle?
Have an opportunity to get one and Just want some feedback!
Would it be a good Varmint gun?
I can't find much feedback from users on the net, Just pics and vids of people shooting the FUN Gun!:D

Any information would be appreciated:roll:

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Anyone have or shoot a PLR-16?
What are your thoughts about the pistol?
How does the .223 handle?
Have an opportunity to get one and Just want some feedback!
Would it be a good Varmint gun?
I can't find much feedback from users on the net, Just pics and vids of people shooting the FUN Gun!:D

Any information would be appreciated:roll:
I read a review of one in GUNS magazine by John Taffin. You might search for that on the web. I remember he was very impressed with the accuracy but not with the trigger or the sights. I think he had a scope and bi-pod on it.

Chapie+

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
I've had one for a while. Tricked it out and it's a fun plinker. You can get pretty accurate out to about 50 yards without a scope.

If you are NOT at the range and decide to break the law and mount a pistol grip on the front, it makes it much easier to handle and more accurate but it's really illegal. So I definitely would never do such a thing....

·
Premium Member
14,230 Posts
Here's my mini review.

Bought this awhile ago. Fun little AR pistol. Recoil isn't that bad, but the noise is LOUD. I call it the noisy cricket. You need the sling to really help steady, but it's workable without too. The foregrip is also pretty necessary. Plenty accurate out to as far as I can see these days! Have a cheapo laser on the lower rail and threw the EOTech on there for kicks. The EO almost cost as much as the whole gun setup! A must have, no, but fun, YES!

They were sub $500 without the sling and foregrip. Not sure now. Add about $50-60 for the sling and grip and you're golden! The laser was a $30 cheapo gunshow job. It worked for about a month. recoil slammed it inot my hand if you weren't careful on the grip. Hurt! I'm hoping it was just the batteries that went bad! The EO or other red dot is probably perfect for the range on this thing. For my AR(s), I think I want some sort of 3x/4x power for longer distance (ACOG anyone?).

As for breaking, I don't feel like the pistol grip is going to fall off anytime soon. Not the most sturdy grip/plastic I've seen, but not flimsy either. If it did let go, KelTec is great on service (they've had lots of practice!).

Yep, standard 223 ammo (also NATO 556). That's a regular old 30-rd PMAG in there. It's just extra fun when you go shoot your AR's! Plus it fits in a laptop backpack if you want to carry it concealed! :D Somewhere there's a drop-leg holster some guy made on Youtube.

The PLR-16 is a gas operated, semi-automatic pistol chambered in 5.56 mm NATO caliber. It was designed as and is intended as a long-range target and hunting pistol.

The PLR-16 has a conventional gas piston operation and utilizes the proven M-16 breech locking system. The rear sight is adjustable for windage. The front sight is of M-16 type. An integrated MIL-STD-1913 Picatinny rail will accept a multitude of standard accessories. The muzzle end of the barrel is threaded 1/2” -28 to accept standard attachments such as a muzzle brake. Except for the barrel, bolt, sights, and mechanism, the PLR-16 pistol is made entirely of high-impact glass fiber reinforced polymer.

The PLR-16 pistol comes blued, with one 10 round magazine, and includes a gun lock.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
^^ Technically, thats called a forend. A foregrip is the vertical grip that would attach to the bottom of the forend, but since the PLR is a pistol, attaching a foregrip would be illegal.

·
Premium Member
14,230 Posts
^^ Technically, thats called a forend. A foregrip is the vertical grip that would attach to the bottom of the forend, but since the PLR is a pistol, attaching a foregrip would be illegal.
Isn't it a barrel shroud thingy that goes up! :D Now where's that idiot Senator/Representative video at?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts