Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, (second day) at a local gun show, there were AR mags for sale everywhere. Plenty of them. Anywhere from $15-20. And people weren't purchasing them like they're going to be extinct. The prices of stripped lowers and complete ARs were a joke though!!! It was the first show that I've had a chance to make since the election/fury and It wasn't like I expected.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
At my local gunshow this weekend I saw PMags in three colors, no window, for $20. One month ago they were going fo $17. I don't collect PMags so I did not buy any. I realize that you don't generally go to gunshows looking for bargain basement deals. The merchants need to have a profit margain to cover the costs of travel, renting the space, and running their brick and mortar shops. I go there to buy small parts, get advice, and buy odds and ends. I was on the look out for my favorite aluminum bodied mags, NHMTG, as I just needed a couple more to round out my supply. NHMTG supplies "factory" mags to Colt, Wilson, Rock River Arms, and other top brands. I saw lots of aluminum bodied mags with light green followers, but to my surprise the end plates had no markings or branding of any kind. These also cost $20. I cannot recommend mags that have no brand stamped on them.

I finally did find a dealer with NHMTG mags ($20 per 30rd mag, $6 more than what I paid online) and bought a few to complete my collection. I now have twenty 30rd NHMTG mags and thirty 20rd NHMTG mags. I like those numbers. Even with them under loaded for reliability, my load out could be well over one case (1,000rds). Not that I would ever load that many mags, but I needed to impose some kind of limit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts