Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i'm VERY happy to say, the new P22 3.4" showed up two days ago. I had to really hold off posting until i got to the range to waste some time ( and paper and mini-mags heheheh!) before i shared the news.

I would first like to say.. I LOVE THIS LITTLE PISTOL. It was really fun to shoot. It performed to my expectations. I have changed the front sight to the number 2 as i was shooting consistently low at all ranges (5-15 yds distance) out of the box. I'll see how the change is on my next range visit.

I do plan to carry this as my backup weapon as well as being my range plinker. The laser shown below was bought AFTER my range trip and was just mounted to check for fitment and is currently back in my range box. It was purchased as a practice/learning tool - not a CC / personal protection accessory.

I shot a box of mini-mags and a box of cci velociraptors for my inital break in. Gun worked flawlessly - not one single FTF or FTE. I have not tried federal bulk box or rem golden bullets yet... i want to get a few hundred rounds thru for break-in before i try 'cheap' ammo.

Its been about a month since i've fired a pistol so i wish i could say i was as flawless :( i know.. i know.. everyone's thinking.. PICS PICS PICS so here they are!

10 yds, 20 rounds.

5 yds - 10 rounds - (5 double taps) this was my last magazine of the evening.

I had a couple 15 yds targets... but they're pretty embarassing so i wont be sharing them ;)

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update - day two

Took my p22 out to the range at a friends house today. Put 50 stingers and a couple boxes of mini mags through. shot like a dream.

Started into the FEderal bulk ammo at around 450 rounds HV rounds and it continued to feed flawlessly for a few hundred more rounds. At around 600 rounds for the day had a FTF while a friend was shooting it. It just didnt cycle back enough to pickup a new round. I suspect it was eithor fault of the ammo *OR* my friend draging a finger on the slide. I cant be sure which since it fed the rest at 100%.

I tried some silohettes out at around 75 and 100 yds just to see if it was possible to hit them with the pistol at that range and was pleasantly supprised that i could hit a man size silohette at that distance consistently.

I'm very pleased with this gun so far.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Good looking little gun. I have thought about buying one for my fiance to shoot to get her comfortable with a handgun and not worrying about the recoil.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Very nice I shot a Suppressed version a few weeks ago, nice little guns.

·
Registered
855 Posts
I love my P22. Fun and cheap to shoot, and great for a new shooter IMO. It was my first gun of any kind, bought last December. Once I felt comfortable enough with it I moved on to my XD-9, tho I still shoot the P22 at the range just about every time I go. (Lot cheaper to practice with!)

Just for reference, here is a list of ammo I've used in the P22 and how it performed:
Good: CCI MiniMag HP and Stinger, Remington 22 Target, Aguila 60.
OK: Winchester SuperX & Wildcat, Remington Cyclone, Subsonic and Thunderbolt and Peters.
Bad: Federal Champion and Spitfire, Remington Yellow Jacket.

·
Registered
395 Posts
FYI those P22's do NOT like the federal ammo. Talk about a headache, I have 3 friends with P22's and not one of them feeds the federal ammo well at all

1 - 6 of 6 Posts