Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently purchased a wasr 10 double stack. IT JAMS EVERY SHOT! ive tried several types of ammo, and that isnt the problem, should i consider a form of grease? i use hoppes 9 regularly but it doesnt seem thick enough. even hand ejecting shells, the bullet juse falls in the upper reciever area. what should i do? this is my home security system, so reliability is a must.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Did you clean the rifle thoroughly before shooting it? Cosmoline hides in weird places and can cause jamming issues of all sorts.

·
Registered
17,714 Posts
Can you explain the jams..what is it doing.

What kind of AK is it...Century Arms Wasr GP10? Give us model number..

Just saying it jams doesn't help..we need to know WHAT its doing!

Sounds like your receiver and the barrel are not properly aligned. When the bolt closes, it binds and jams.
You may be able to isolate what parts are binding by using a black marker. Marker all areas worn and cycle a few times to see where the marker rubs off first.

You can check if binding by turning the rifle over and looking in the mag well while you rack the weapon,empty of course.you can watch how the ejector is riding in the carrier slot.If it is riding hard and you can see it pushing your carrier and bolt to the side with some force then your ejector needs trimming.Just a small draw with a file on the tip will suffice..

My WASR jammed (failure to feed/chamber) about once a mag for the first 200 rounds. Before break in. It would eject and feed, but stop with about 1/2" left to fully chamber. I once sat for about an hour in front of the TV and just racked the slide...

Others say it can take upwards of 500 rounds

·
Registered
18,141 Posts
i recently purchased a wasr 10 double stack. IT JAMS EVERY SHOT! ive tried several types of ammo, and that isnt the problem, should i consider a form of grease? i use hoppes 9 regularly but it doesnt seem thick enough. even hand ejecting shells, the bullet juse falls in the upper reciever area. what should i do? this is my home security system, so reliability is a must.

call century arms. they should take care of you.

·
Premium Member
12,086 Posts
Can you explain the jams..what is it doing.

What kind of AK is it...Century Arms Wasr GP10? Give us model number..

Just saying it jams doesn't help..we need to know WHAT its doing!
Aye...details, please.

Is it:

Failing to feed properly?
Failing to extract properly?
Failing to eject the empty case?
Binding when chambering a new round?
If jamming when chambing, is the round nose up, nose down, etc?
Is there a proper bullet guide under the chamber mouth?
Not fully going into battery?

Please advise.

·
Registered
17,714 Posts
The term "JAM" should be banned from threads like these!

There are 8 cycles of operation of a firearm

99% of repeating firearms utilize the 8 step cycle of operation. These steps are:
1. Feed
2. Chamber
3. Lock
4. Fire
5. Unlock
6. Extract
7. Eject
8. Cock

Feeding. Whether the weapon uses a detachable box magazine (AR-15, AK-47), a tubular magazine (many shotguns and .22 rifles), a cylinder (revolver) or manually loaded (break open shotgun) the round must feed into the chamber at the proper angle, proper depth at the proper time for this step to be considered a success. Broken, cracked or misaligned magazine feed lips impair proper feeding. Broken, bent or fouled shell stops in tubular magazine weapons wreak havoc on proper feeding. Your own fingers or speed loaders are the feeding devices for revolvers just as your fingers feed the break open shotgun.

Chambering. Once the round leaves the magazine and is aligned with the bore, it can chamber. As long as the round and the chamber are to specs, this step should go smoothly. An overly fouled chamber can prevent proper chambering. An out of spec round of ammunition can fail to chamber. A malfunction at this point is often related to the feeding. If the ammunition did not get started off correctly in the magazine, it likely will not chamber correctly.

Locking. The breech generally must lock (close completely) before the next step can take place. If the round did not fully chamber, the breech will not lock. As above if the chamber is excessively dirty or there is an ammunition issue the breech cannot lock.

Fire – Broken firing pins (strikers) are very rare as are broken firing pin springs or hammer springs. If a round will not fire it is generally because the breech is not fully locked. Most firearms have a failsafe designed in that will not allow it to fire with the breech unlocked or partially locked. Because of the high pressures involved and the nature of the cartridge case, hot gasses will likely escape causing injury if the firearm is allowed to fire with out being fully locked. Out of battery discharges are usually catastrophic events requiring medical attention

Unlock. Generally speaking if the gun will not unlock, something has gone very wrong during the firing sequence. Excessive pressures and/or broken parts are the most common culprits. Excessive pressures can cause metal to flow into crevasses and then prevent the firearm from unlocking. Primer material flowing into the void between the firing pin and its hole in the breech block/bolt/slide can prevent unlocking. Broken cam pins on AR-15’s can cause this. Broken links on 1911’s can happen as can broken slide stops on most Semi-Auto pistols.

Extract. The extractor must pull the spent case out of the chamber in order to proceed to the next step. Extractor hooks can fail and break. Extractor springs can fail or become weak. The rim of the case can shear off leaving the case in the chamber. Extraction is a violent action that must take place at the appropriate time to be successful. Too early and the pressures are excessive. Too late and there is insufficient pressure to overcome the recoil spring tension.

Eject. The ejector can be a spring loaded pin/plunger that is contained in the breech bolt (AR-15, Remington 700) or a projection within the receiver (AK-47, most pump shotguns and Mauser rifles). Ejection is rarely a problem as it is a relatively simple operation. As long as the extraction process went well, the ejection process should go well.

Cock. You just can’t miss the big cock at the end. Cocking can take several forms. It can be pressing the hammer back to a rearward position (1911, AR-15, AK-47) it can be accomplished by rotating the bolt to unlock (Large Ring Mauser). It can be closing the bolt (Small Ring Mauser). It can be the action of hinging open the action on a double barrel shotgun. If the gun fails to cock (or remain cocked), generally you have a malfunction that cannot be corrected in the field w/out tools and spare parts.
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f55/diagnosing-problems-wsing-8-step-cycle-operation-7021/

Any "malfunction" in any of these steps results in a "JAM"

However to "troubleshoot" said JAM we need to know SPECIFICS of which cycle failed!

·
Registered
942 Posts
Hahahahah
Not sure why your laughing, did i miss something?
Bonehead was taken care of last i heard except for one little hiccup with shipping his mags back.

To the OP, clean the $hit out of it, cosmo is probably gunked up in your ejector.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Not sure why your laughing, did i miss something?
Bonehead was taken care of last i heard except for one little hiccup with shipping his mags back.

To the OP, clean the $hit out of it, cosmo is probably gunked up in your ejector.
They are a cheap company with a warranty that starts when the gun was made of the line. They don't have to help and sometimes don't. It was very funny, just call century they'll help you.

·
Registered
18,141 Posts
They are a cheap company with a warranty that starts when the gun was made of the line. They don't have to help and sometimes don't. It was very funny, just call century they'll help you.

I'll have you know Century took very good care of me. they are what they are. they sell mil surp and it is what it is. I sent mine in on their dime they had it a week and returned it and it runs perfectly.

they always answered my emails and returned phone calls. the people I dealt with were helpful and nice as could be. that's something you don't always get with customer service.

·
Premium Member
9,171 Posts
And again the uninformed and inexperienced chime in....they will repair any weapon that has a mechanical malfunction. They don't just happen one day, they are built wrong. And Century doesn't build WaSRs, they just open the mag wells and add 922 parts. If its built wrong, it happened in Romania...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
18,141 Posts
And again the uninformed and inexperienced chime in....they will repair any weapon that has a mechanical malfunction. They don't just happen one day, they are built wrong. And Century doesn't build WaSRs, they just open the mag wells and add 922 parts. If its built wrong, it happened in Romania...:rolleyes:

I have nothing but good things to say about CAI and the wasr.

a wasr is not magic but ya know... it's effective.

·
Registered
18,141 Posts
I still prefer to dig around and find a SAR-1 when I can. The SAR-1 predates the regs that required a single stack mag, etc.

"a bird in the hand", man.
I would rather own a wasr than look for a pre-ban sar1. not to say I wouldn't like a sar1 but a wasr is cheap enough and easily attainable. it will do what any other semi auto AK will do.

·
Registered
243 Posts
How is it not there fault, the stamp there name on the side and sell it under their company name, How about a little QC, Take some rifles out of the box and check'em then re-box it. I have a Wasr with no problems, great deal on it. Its just a shame that more of them don't turn out that way.

·
Premium Member
9,171 Posts
How is it not there fault, the stamp there name on the side and sell it under their company name, How about a little QC, Take some rifles out of the box and check'em then re-box it. I have a Wasr with no problems, great deal on it. Its just a shame that more of them don't turn out that way.
Gee i don't know, why doesn't Remington take the Turkish and Slavic shotguns and rifles and do the same. Why doesn't SA do it also??

·
Registered
18,141 Posts
Gee i don't know, why doesn't Remington take the Turkish and Slavic shotguns and rifles and do the same. Why doesn't SA do it also??

a room full of people inspecting, test firing, cleaning, and repacking milsurp rifles? how many do they import? how many people would you need to do that? figure 10 bucks an hour + ammo and cleaning supplies...

much more cost effective than paying for shipping on a few bad rifles.

if anyone has reason to have beef with CAI it would be me. if I didn't have the machinery cover gripped as I did I probably would have been hurt worse than I was.

yeah... it popped a hole in my thumb I bled everywhere and the cover came off.

not that big of a deal. but I have a nice lil scar and was bruised for about a week.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts