Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I've had my XD-40 for over 3 years now and have loved it. I've always used the Winchester White Box .40 S&W Ammo from Walmart and never had any issues at all.

So, I recently picked up an XD-45 ACP Compact and will most likely be adding an XD-9 Subcompact next week ...

I was at walmart today looking at the ammo and all I could find in the Winchester White Box for a .45 was the .45 Auto ... Is this what I need for the .45 ACP, I'm pretty sure so, but just wanted to make sure first? Also, looked at the 9mm WWB and could only find 9mm Lugar, this is correct too ... Right?

Thanks for the help ... I'm new to the 9mm and 45acp world ...

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
.45 ACP is also called .45 auto. The ACP stands for automatic colt pistol.

9mm parabellum is also called 9mm luger, 9x19, and9mm NATO (not quite the same as standard 9mm, just loaded a little hotter. It will load and fire out of any 9mm luger gun).

Do not confuse 9x19 with the MANY other 9mm variants. There is 9x17, 9x18, 9x25, plus a few others...and most of those also have another name that means the same thing.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yeah, the .45 Automatic (ACP=Automatic Colt Pistol) is what you want want for your XD. Your other choice would be .45 Long Colt.....which is a revolver round...and as the name implies, it is quite a bit longer than the .45ACP.

As far as the 9mm is concerned, all of the following are the same:

9mm Luger (describes the cartridge by its inventor Georg Luger)

9mm Parabellum (describes the cartridge by its purpose 9mm for war)

9X19 (describes the cartridge by its diameter and length)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys !!!

·
Registered
378 Posts
Your other choice would be .45 Long Colt.....which is a revolver round...and as the name implies, it is quite a bit longer than the .45ACP.

Don't forget the glorious .45 GAP :rolleyes: lol

also check out blazer brass, a bit cheaper then WWB at walmart.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I've been getting Blazer Brass ever since it's become cheaper than the WWB and it works well in all of my stuff.

·
Registered
891 Posts
At one time there was a .45 Auto Rim for revolvers that shot the .45 Auto. When shooting plain .45ACP they needed a moon clip because of the lack of a rim. The Auto Rim was considered Semi-rimmed like the .38 Auto and newer .38 super.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Your other choice would be .45 Long Colt.....which is a revolver round...and as the name implies, it is quite a bit longer than the .45ACP.
Actually, the name 45 Long Colt is a misnomer, it's just the 45 Colt. It picked up the nickname Long, not because of the 45 ACP but because of the 45 Schofield, also called the 45 Short Colt. The Schofields will fire in a 45 Colt but the opposite is not true.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts