Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone tell me the difference in "Service and "Tactical" ?
I just bought my XD and as of right now I dont even know what
I own. I do however know its not a compact.
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
8,923 Posts
Thanks!
You're kidding, right?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Service has the 4" barrel, Tactical has the 5" barrel. It's just SA's name the the different barrel lengths.

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Thanks!
Service has 4" barrel and Tactical has 5" barrel. And I believe the tactical has TACTICAL on the slide.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok I have the service ... sorry about the newbie post but I have Glocks
and didnt know for sure about the XDs

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
And I believe the tactical has TACTICAL on the slide.
Mine does. Not sure if all of em do. Mine's a 45.

BTW welcome to the forum from another XD45 owner!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
If you have the tactical model, it should say tactical on the LH side of the slide, near the back of the slide......:mrgreen::mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
8,923 Posts
No need to apologize. Some forum members just need to learn some manners.
What are you saying? That's like buying a car and knowing the manufacturer, but not the model! I'm all for people being new to guns, expanding their horizons and wanting to learn, but I think you need to do things in a certain order, i.e. research then buy.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Give him a break guys. At least he had the courage to ask. Hey Ace , welcome to the site and enjoy the new pistol. I like my XD's way more than Glocks.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Welcome to the group.

The easy way to remember is:

"It's like the difference between OOOH and AAAH! That extra inch makes all the difference!".

Carry on and good luck with the barrel envy, lol.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What are you saying? That's like buying a car and knowing the manufacturer, but not the model! I'm all for people being new to guns, expanding their horizons and wanting to learn, but I think you need to do things in a certain order, i.e. research then buy.
Im not "new to guns" Im new to "This Gun" I bought the XD because I liked it. I knew what barrel it had and the mag capacity and all the other features that It has.Next time I have a question ill research it before I ask..or...better yet Ill just ask you!

·
Registered
250 Posts
I have the 4" barrel on mine. Why not just call them the 4 or 5? Can't ever remember which code word applies to which length. Seems silly to me. At any rate, I can understand their popularity. It's my favorite gun and I understand the feeling of it almost seeming like a part of my hand. I'm not the world's greatest shot but a gun that points this well sure helps. :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts