Springfield XD Forum banner

Please be nice---my Glock is broken!!

5K views 38 replies 15 participants last post by  gunnerman 
#1 ·
So after a range trip tn, I went to reload my nightstand gun, glock 22, with my carry ammo and the mag is stuck! I've field stripped it, fiddled with it, swore at it, and I can't get it out. Everything else functions fine, but the mag release is stuck in, and the left handed shooters side isnt flush like usual..it's pushed out as if you were pushing on the mag release. This scares me, as I carry the same weapon on duty and it renders the gun inoperable if I was out of ammo. Any ideas??

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Unrelated, but to add to my headache, this how I found my M&P

Attachments

#5 ·
You need to send that M&P in to S&W. That's unacceptable.
My 1911 looks similar too, and that one was a grand.. :-/ they are both definitely going back this week--I only live a a half hr from Smith and Wesson.

#7 ·
*GASP*

Your GLOCK is BROKEN?!?!?!?!?!

Isn't that BLASPHEMY?!?!?!?!?!

I thought that was like... impossible?

8-D
Haha TAKE IT EASY!!!!!

#8 ·
I've seen M&P's with rust on the takedown lever but never anything that bad. I've owned two for a couple years now and carry my 9c daily and never had any rust issues. Do you know when it was made?
I bought it in March of 2010, but I don't know about manufactured. I don't have the papers on me unfortunately. I'll look it up next time I have them.

#9 · (Edited)
elbow grease and oil then in a treated gun storage bag. I have guns stored for years that way living in Corpus Christi TX. 8 blocks from the Bay, and no rust on any that I've opened. Come on if your a LEO, please for you and your family stay on top of this. Sounds like dirt buildup in the grip of the Glock try flushing with brake clean the oil. and tear down for complete cleaning ASAP.

#11 ·
Stay on top of what? I clean my firearms religiously after every time I shoot them and put them in my safe which has an electronic dehumidifier in it....

#14 ·
I bought it in March of 2010, but I don't know about manufactured. I don't have the papers on me unfortunately. I'll look it up next time I have them.
I cant remember the dates but I know there was a batch of slides that were having some serious rust issues. Are those genuine Trijicon sights or are they from the factory. S&W has great service so I'm sure they will take care of you. I would be pretty pissed though.

#15 ·
I cant remember the dates but I know there was a batch of slides that were having some serious rust issues. Are those genuine Trijicon sights or are they from the factory. S&W has great service so I'm sure they will take care of you. I would be pretty pissed though.
Trijicon aftermarket

#16 · (Edited)
that sure looks like finger prints and palm prints on that S&W and rust that bad did not happen over night. please tell us how often if ever the mag releases are disassembled and cleaned. If I'm wrong on this I must say I'm sorry, but I've this type of problem way to many times. please remember its not just your life, but every one your working to protect not.
Trying to hurt feelings here.

i

#17 ·
The S&W hasn't been fully taken down in a while, it's not a carry gun, just a range gun which I dont shoot often so it is definitely not as well maintained as my glocks and other carry guns. It isn't an excuse, it's unfortunately just been banned to the back of the safe. To be honest, the only reason i even took it out tonight is because my buddy wants to buy one and I was going to let him shoot it. It probably hasn't been shot in 3-4 months, which means it hasn't been touched since last shot. I still cant believe a gun thats in a temp controlled safe should do that. The glocks and my j-frame however are spotless...you could eat off them. The issue with my glock 22 definitely could not be due to neglect...I'm picked on at work because of how clean I keep my weapons.

#18 ·
After inspecting the issue and looked at the mag release internals on my 23, the only way I can diagnose this issue is that I slammed the mag into the gun with too much force...which I didn't think was possible. I was doing drills, and you know how that goes... I still can't get it to release, and the mag has pushed up the slide stop level further than normal....I've tried replicating the slide stop lever position with my 23 and can't.

#19 ·
After inspecting the issue and looked at the mag release internals on my 23, the only way I can diagnose this issue is that I slammed the mag into the gun with too much force...which I didn't think was possible. I was doing drills, and you know how that goes... I still can't get it to release, and the mag has pushed up the slide stop level further than normal....I've tried replicating the slide stop lever position with my 23 and can't.
Well at least you can still load up a mag haha. I think the only thing you can do is wiggle and prod the around the mag release or give Glock a call and see what they say.

#20 ·
If all else fails do this.

Google: “Gunsmiths in (your city),”

Call around and find one that works with Glocks and follow their instructions. If it is completely broken call Glock inform them of the problem, that you’re an LEO (not necessary, but should help in turnaround time), and want it fixed, I am sure they will take care of it.

#21 ·
If all else fails do this.

Google: “Gunsmiths in (your city),”

Call around and find one that works with Glocks and follow their instructions. If it is completely broken call Glock inform them of the problem, that you’re an LEO (not necessary, but should help in turnaround time), and want it fixed, I am sure they will take care of it.
Yeah I'm going to do this. I stripped the entire gun and I still can't fix it or even get to it for that matter. I'll probably bring it to my Dept.'s armorer first then I'll try a gunsmith if not.

#22 ·
man thats ucks for ya man jammed up firarm and two firearms with rust thats always a sheit feeling. but i did laugh my arse off when you said " I've field stripped it, fiddled with it, swore at it, and I can't get it out"

#23 ·
Man! Good luck with that.

#24 ·
Ohhh a broken glock.. I could have a field day with this! Nah I will be nice, it is still a un usable gun in that condition which is a bummer by any means. Hope you get it back running again! ( or trade it for an xd)-couldnt help it :D On a more serious note was the mag dropped and or bent out of spec?

#25 ·
Ohhh a broken glock.. I could have a field day with this! Nah I will be nice, it is still a un usable gun in that condition which is a bummer by any means. Hope you get it back running again! ( or trade it for an xd)-couldnt help it :D On a more serious note was the mag dropped and or bent out of spec?
Dropped hundreds of times during drills lol. I'm slowly coming to the conclusion it probably is the mag...

#26 ·
Dropped hundreds of times during drills lol. I'm slowly coming to the conclusion it probably is the mag...
Hope thats the case. Now to see if you can get that bugger out of the gun!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.