Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had recently purchased a Springfield xd 45acp service model with 4" Barrel
and finally had the chance to take it to the Range today.
We did not have a lot of time to shoot so We were at the 50 Yard Rifle Range with the Rifles and I decided I didnt have the time to go to the Pistol Range so I started to shoot at the Target from 50 yards.
I was pleasantly surprised that I was able to hit the Target close to the Bulls Eye, I never got a Bulls Eye and I know I'm not that great a shot but the Pistol has really impressed Me with it's accuracy and how comfortable it is to shoot.
(I was shooting Winchester 230 Grain Personal Protection Ammunition).

·
Registered
177 Posts
i had a similar experience when i took our XD 9 out for its first shoot last weekend. most of my shots were about 7 yards away and i had a decent grouping, but then my buddy and i started shooting at a small target (it was actually a hard hat :grin:) about 40-50 yards away and I was able to hit it almost every time. then i tried my buddy's glock (.40) and was even more accurate. i surprised myself because i'm very new to shooting handguns

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is My first Semi Automatic Pistol and I was used to Revolvers,I have a Ruger GP-100 with a 6" Barrel and was happy to see the Springfield xd 45 cal. was so easy to shoot.

·
Registered
41 Posts
i have found the xd to be reliable and more accurate than i am. this is a weapon that can be counted on if i do my part.

·
Premium Member
3,470 Posts
Yup, you get what you pay for with the XD.

·
Banned
5,690 Posts
Show your Colts and Kimbers to your friends. Show your XD to your enemies. Face it, XDs are ugly, deadly combat tupperware. How much cooler does it get?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts