Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
PoSSoM how do you like the holster? Have looked at it a couple times but ended up with a leather holster. Does it stick out very far from your body? Good for concealment?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Hogue is covering the safety. I don't carry it.

I like the Blackhawk, but its the only holster I've ever had=) It's comparable to a Fobus for concealment. Not ideal probably but would work. I use it for IDPA.

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
With either a craft knife or a scalpel you could remove enough of the hogue grip to make the safety functional...

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
lennyb1 said:
PoSSoM how do you like the holster? Have looked at it a couple times but ended up with a leather holster. Does it stick out very far from your body? Good for concealment?
i have one...
does it stick out far from your body? for me YES
good for concealment? for me NO

its good for fast drawing, and concealment under a jacket, but thats about it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
thanks to both of you. I have a fobus that I was given by a friend and dont like it for concealment. I wont even give it another thought then. Will stick with the leather.Thanks again to both.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
lennyb1 said:
thanks to both of you. I have a fobus that I was given by a friend and dont like it for concealment. I wont even give it another thought then. Will stick with the leather.Thanks again to both.
if you want a kydex holster, check out comp tac... they are pretty damn good..

·
Registered
885 Posts
therooster said:
lennyb1 said:
if you want a kydex holster, check out comp tac... they are pretty damn good..

+1. And they're made in my hometown!

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I have a fobus that I was given by a friend and dont like it for concealment.
There are two variations of the fobus holster for the XD, and the first one sucked really, really bad. I had one and sent it back with a gripe letter, and they repaced it with the newer one. They had entirely re-engineered it, and it is much better. If your middle finger gets scraped by the holster when you get a firing grip on the gun, you probably have the old model.

My paddle holster is marked "SP-11"... seems like the other one was just "SP"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts