Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before anyone starts jumping on me let me say that for a 1911 guy I love my new Bitone XD-9 Service. I've only put 150 rounds thru it so far ; it gobbles everything up and spits the empties out fine. The accuracy is real good for a 4" pistol. There is, however, one thing I really don't like- the plastic ejector (not extractor). I don't guess anyone has made a metal replacement ejector yet :?:

·
Registered
415 Posts
Did you put a magnet to it?

·
Registered
415 Posts
Yup. It attracted.

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
The ejector is one part SA needs to use a different metal in making. I've had four of them break, the fourth being yesterday in an IDPA match. So today, another call to SA and another return authorization number to send the broken one back.
Maybe someone will start making an aftermarket replacement. :!: :idea: :idea:

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
R Dub maybe your getting the plastic ones:)
Seriously I would check you mag fit. Do your mags have the standard base plates or the plus twos. The reason I ask is becuase the plus twos wont stop the mag early enough. Especially with the slide open if you shove a mag in they will break. If they are stock check them all at a time to find the mag thats longer and get SA to replace it.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
It is the little metal stubby thing at the back of the frame that overhangs the magwell. The purpose is to push the empty case out of the slide assembly when the slide cycles backwards. The extractor pulls it out of chamber and the ejector pushes it out of gun. I do not have the exploded gun schematic up right now so I can not tell you what the part number is.

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
ajamesp51 said:
R Dub maybe your getting the plastic ones:)
Seriously I would check you mag fit. Do your mags have the standard base plates or the plus twos. The reason I ask is becuase the plus twos wont stop the mag early enough. Especially with the slide open if you shove a mag in they will break. If they are stock check them all at a time to find the mag thats longer and get SA to replace it.
:lol: LOL. Naw, no plastic and no +2s on it. Just a factory mag - all four times both in 9 & .40. Never happens with the ProMags since they have a tad more space below the ejector. Normally The ProMags are all I use in competition. Just had a brain fart yesterday and loaded up a factory mag.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
R Dub said:
:lol: LOL. Naw, no plastic and no +2s on it. Just a factory mag - all four times both in 9 & .40. Never happens with the ProMags since they have a tad more space below the ejector. Normally The ProMags are all I use in competition. Just had a brain fart yesterday and loaded up a factory mag.
Dude, get a file or a Dremel and cut a little bit off of your factory mags so you won't have that **** happen again.

You know, just in case.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Thanks ajames for the pics.
You're really helpful to us that aren't part savy

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
The Tengu said:
R Dub said:
Dude, get a file or a Dremel and cut a little bit off of your factory mags so you won't have that **** happen again.

You know, just in case.
I may end up doing that. Right now I have about 40 ProMags in 9 & 40 to use. Went thru the range bags last night and removed all factory mags.

·
Registered
388 Posts
R Dub said:
The ejector is one part SA needs to use a different metal in making. I've had four of them break, the fourth being yesterday in an IDPA match. So today, another call to SA and another return authorization number to send the broken one back.
Maybe someone will start making an aftermarket replacement. :!: :idea: :idea:
I can CNC machine them if you let me know what you're looking for. I haven't had any break, so I'm not sure if you're looking for any design changes or just production from a different material.

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
I would just like to have them in a stronger material. One that can handle the hard reloads in competition.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
The Tengu said:
R Dub said:

You know, just in case.
That's what I've done to all my magazines: factory and converted Beretta mags. I've gone through 3 ejectors in 3 different guns. Finally, I just put a little clearance notch on the left rear off all my magazines, now I can do mags changes with all the energy I need and have no more problems.

The MIM ejector can handle the horizonal pressure of the empty case hitting it just fine, but it cannot handle the vertical pressure of the magazine hitting it. A machined steel part would be much better.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
ajamesp51 said:
The xd and hs2000 is full of MIM parts and no one has complained yet.
The ejector is the only MIM part that seems to fail on a regular basis. And there have been several instances of guys posting on this forum about broken ejectors, although it's been awhile since it was mentioned. Maybe most of us have figured out a solution (modify the mags).

And, fortunately, the gun seems to work pretty well even with a broken ejector.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks to The Tengu for the great idea about using a dremel to cut a little notch in the top back left side of the magazine to prevent it from hitting and possibly breaking off the tip of the ejector. Careful- you only need to make a notch about 1/16" long and maybe 1/64" deep. My mags didn't appear to be hitting the ejector upon inserting; but I could see if you would slam them home, it could happen. A few minutes wth the dremel and a little polishing after, and I'm all set! BTW I don't see any need on the XD (unlike my beloved 1911's) to slam the mags home. :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts