Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have more info / experience with this sight? Looks military grade at a good price.

PK-01 red dot sight.

Thanks

Phil

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
It is military grade.

It is one of the more simple models.

You should look around for more pricing options.

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is military grade.

It is one of the more simple models.

You should look around for more pricing options.
Well, is a simple military model better than a more feature laden 'amateur' one?

I'm also looking at the Sightmark red dot which is an AimPoint clone but has had good reviews at just $99.

If you can find a better price on the PK-01 let me know - it's hard enough just finding them at all!

Phil

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Well, is a simple military model better than a more feature laden 'amateur' one?

I'm also looking at the Sightmark red dot which is an AimPoint clone but has had good reviews at just $99.

If you can find a better price on the PK-01 let me know - it's hard enough just finding them at all!

Phil
I wasn't getting at that.

You've got the PK-01 at the bottom of the simplicity chain.

Then you've got different variants of PK-AS

You also have the EKP-* sights (aka the "Kobra").

All are military, and all have various improvements/additions over the PK-01.

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wasn't getting at that.

You've got the PK-01 at the bottom of the simplicity chain.

Then you've got different variants of PK-AS

You also have the EKP-* sights (aka the "Kobra").

All are military, and all have various improvements/additions over the PK-01.
Sorry if my last post came across as aggressive - it wasn't meant to be and I wasn't taking offense to your reply at all! :cool:

Yeah, I know there are (much) better scopes out there but my budget won't stretch to the higher line military sights. I'm considering just going with a fairly cheap and cheerful option until I can build up some funds for a decent $400+ sight.

That's why I'm looking at the PK-01 which is decent, if basic, without breaking the bank. As I said before, my alternative is to buy a cheaper scope such as the SightMark. I have no experience of red dot sights at all so I'm going off internet 'research'. :shock:

Therefore, all opinions are valued!

Phil

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
That's why I'm looking at the PK-01 which is decent, if basic, without breaking the bank. As I said before, my alternative is to buy a cheaper scope such as the SightMark. I have no experience of red dot sights at all so I'm going off internet 'research'. :shock:
The PK-01 is built like a tank.

Have fun.

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well darn, the PK-01 I linked to in the OP is no longer available. I can get it here East Wave Products Inc. but the price has accelerated to $245 - more than I want to spend right now.

What do you guys make of this open red dot East Wave Products Inc. made by the same manufacturer.

Phil

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
If you want the best service in the industry, visit Tantal.

Avtomats in Action!

It's a Russian URL but Doug lives here in Texas and is undoubtedly "THE MAN" when it comes to commie optics.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts