Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone reloaded 9mm shotshells before? I am looking for the capsules, but can't seem to locate anything other than the standard .38 and .44 capsules from Speer. I have the CCI shotshells, but am underwhelmed by the #11 shot. I would like to get some #8 or #6 shells loaded up. Anyone know where I can look?

Nudder one, same topic......Has anyone ever pulled the CCI shells? I was wondering if the capsules were sealed or push together. I was thinking maybe I could pull the existing capsules, swap the #11 shot for a larger shot and reload them. Would that be possible?

I've been looking all over for the answer to this, but seem to come up dry every time. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
just curious what are you planing to use these for

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, I haven't talked with Speer yet. I have just been looking at what they have in the books. Guess I should give them a shout if nothing turns up.

Last time I was at Cabelas, all I saw was CCI, which I am packing right now. I'll look for the others, although I don't like the no plastic deal. Sounds like a good way to pit a barrel.:shock:

I am planning on using these for bears.:shock:...........:p Nah....just critters here..coons, possums, skunks.:shock: I am using shotshells to try to keep the stray lead on my property. The pellets won't make it through the trees like a slug would. I just patterned a CCI and did not like the small shot at all. The other day, I almost had a coon jump out of a tree at me. Might have been pissed that I was throwing rocks at him.:twisted: The larger shot would have a better pattern and stopping power methinks. If it was easy, I figured I'd load a few and see what they do.

Thanks for the replies, guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts