Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I saw a post on here yesterday about the same topic...I can't remeber the exact thread though...

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
I went to Westlake Hardware, and bought enough 3M sandpaper type tape to do the grips on 30-40 pistols. For $3. Are you going to be carrying? If so, get the rubber grips. I tried to carry one of the sandpaper pistols one time, and it ate me up. Oops. I don't use as much tape on my pistols as those kits do, because it makes it too hard to re-grip if you need to.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went to Westlake Hardware, and bought enough 3M sandpaper type tape to do the grips on 30-40 pistols. For $3. Are you going to be carrying? If so, get the rubber grips. I tried to carry one of the sandpaper pistols one time, and it ate me up. Oops. I don't use as much tape on my pistols as those kits do, because it makes it too hard to re-grip if you need to.
yes i conceal carry everyday without fail even if im just taking out the trash or walking the dog
i was thinking the sandpaper may eat up my side as well since i carry in a tagua iwb holster at about 5 o'clock
i guess ill order the rubber grip and can always take i off if i need to

·
Registered
7,623 Posts
I bought a roll of 3M stair tread tape (gritty) and use it for grips, front straps, slide spots, etc.

I think a roll cost about $5...and that is enough to cover 50 pistols at least. Just use paper to get the shape you need (cutting it to fit with scissors) then cut the grip tape with a razor knife and apply.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok i jsut ordered the rubber decal grips and a 3 pack of striker pins for 16 bucks shipped
my striker pin isnt broken but for the 1.25 it cost i figured it couldnt hurt to have some sitting at the house in case i do break one

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
I've got grip tape on my XD9 and don't have any problems with it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I only put the long side pieces on both sides of my grips and they are fantastic. I did not use the large ones for the center of the grips as I saw no need just like Springfield. I have a lock-jaw grip on it and found very good groups followed.

Recent grouping. Top right target was 'too little' finger on the trigger. Proper finger placement shot the next 3 targets. They are 5.5" targets at 7 yards.

·
Registered
132 Posts
It's actually pointless because it is on areas of the grip that you don't need.

You need the extra tackiness on the frontstrap, and some need it to be in the area where the web of your hand goes (high hand between thumb and palm).

Like how I outfitted my G19:

Those are the primary contact points that you need to prevent the pistol from rocking up in your hand during recoil, and they do not pose any issues while carrying (tearing up skin or clothing).

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
I have the rubber decal grip on my Service XD40. I bought some extra mags and DGR too at the same time and PistolGear sent me a nice Springfield Armory patch free.....They have great service and are sight sponsors too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts