Springfield XD Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Right now I don’t have anything on it. Just the tube.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,052 Posts

·
Registered
5,758 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yup. Just like you can take an AR Pistol, convert it to a full AR rifle/carbine, and then convert it BACK to a pistol without problems, but you can't start with an AR Rifle and do the same process in reverse without a tax stamp for making an SBR.

·
Premium Member
21,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Yup. Just like you can take an AR Pistol, convert it to a full AR rifle/carbine, and then convert it BACK to a pistol without problems, but you can't start with an AR Rifle and do the same process in reverse without a tax stamp for making an SBR.
That depends on how it leaves the FFL. If it leaves as a receiver, then you can have it in a pistol or a rifle configuration. You just have to follow the pistol or rifle “rules” while it is in that configuration.

·
Premium Member
21,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
So I bought a cheap brace since it was better than the tube and shot 300 rounds through it. I had a few light primer strikes near the end but I had a lot of gunk and brass shavings in it near the end so I deep cleaned it.

The question I have, since this will be a home defense/ truck gun, should o go with heavy rounds to slow it down more since the round doesn’t have enough speed to open up on hollow points? What would you recommend?

Attachments

21 - 27 of 27 Posts