Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As promised, here are a few pictures. Used SC as a comparison.
Work was done by Bowie Tactical Concepts and it is sweet.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Thats a nice looking custom conversion. If I had a 4 in. I wouold really have to lok into this.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, I also have a SC at home, but thought that a SC grip with a 4" barrel would fit my needs a bit more. I understand the SC grip is not for everyone, I even mentioned this on the other thread. But, for me it fits very nice. As for the 15 round magazines, I plan on using the SC mags for the first mag then retrofit the service mags to fit the cut down grip and use them for backup or at the range. i'm trying to find out if SA will sell the bumper pad they use on the SC with the 3 mag and holster deal to the general public. If not, then I'll have to go toplan B.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Very nice!!

I prefer a longer barrel (velocity) and sight radius, but don't like the longer grip for concealed.

That has the best of both worlds.

What did it cost to have it cut down, if you don't kind me asking?

·
Registered
182 Posts
EME said:
i'm trying to find out if SA will sell the bumper pad they use on the SC with the 3 mag and holster deal to the general public. If not, then I'll have to go toplan B.
You can buy the magazine with XD-Xtension from Springfield directly, but they don't currently have them in stock. Many of us are waiting for ours from the XD promotion.

Pistol Gear also lists the magazine, and when PG gets a shipment they should be available for volume purchase via Springfield.
http://www.pistol-gear.com/proddetail.php?prod=35PA
-hype

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rem 165,

David charges $85 to cut down the grip and this includes shipping back to you. At least it did with me. You have the same reasons to have it cut down as I did. CCW. Good luck.

·
Registered
885 Posts
EME said:
i'm trying to find out if SA will sell the bumper pad they use on the SC with the 3 mag and holster deal to the general public. If not, then I'll have to go toplan B.
Are you are talking about the sleeve that goes around the magazine body allowing you to use the full size magazines?

When I called they said they do not sell the sleeve separate. You have to buy it with a magazine as a set.

The person I spoke to said to try Brownell's but I couldn't find anything on their site.

HTH

Later,
Jeff

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Once again, Bowie proves that he really is one of the best smiths with the XD platform.

·
Registered
813 Posts
:)
this was what I was thinking of doing myself after I ground off the nub and ground out fhe spot under the mag release.

·
Registered
298 Posts
therooster said:
looks good. i'd like to see what it looks like with a pierce grip extension in it.
Here's a photochop. I'm waiting for the XD45SC to come out (for the mags) so I can get a GAP and chop it down. Looks much better with the pierce extensions IMHO, it looses that short legged bulldog look.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts