Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well ....I tried the DuroCoat finish.

Wished the blue was more of a "gun blue".

What ya think?

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
I have to agree with you. Personally I'm not a fan of Bi-tone colored guns, but admittedly I'm in the minority here. If you are happy, that is all that counts.

Also, you might reconsider posting pics wherein your serial # is visible. I don't know if this is paranoia, but I have read numerous posts warning about this, stating since you don't know who reads these boards, you might not want to give this info up. Thought I might mention it. If you are able to edit it out, you might want to.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Retired,

There was a thread a while back where someone asked about the potential mis-use of serial numbers, and I don't recall that anyone was able to come up with any way to abuse the information.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
How's the DuroCoat on the frame holding up. I've been looking into painting the frame. Looks good.

·
Banned
11,479 Posts
[TASF said:
Overkill]Retired,

There was a thread a while back where someone asked about the potential mis-use of serial numbers, and I don't recall that anyone was able to come up with any way to abuse the information.
Ya, I was in on that thread. It's like arguing 9 verus 40, 45 etc. More rumors than truth.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I recently wanted to sell this gun so I removed the camo to paint it black removing the duracoat was hell it took soaking in acetone and a tun of scrubbing if your considering duracoat plan on keeping it would be my advice

·
Registered
15 Posts
Rangerat,

That paint job is FREAKING sweet! I would have probably paid more to have something look that good!

Nice paint job on both!

·
Registered
82 Posts
KS-XD said:
Rangerat,

That paint job is FREAKING sweet! I would have probably paid more to have something look that good!

Nice paint job on both!
Thanks I'm planning to give my tactical a different camo pattern next I will post as soon as I'm done

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Did you sand the frame or just paint over it?

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
That is a wild looking XDSC!

What did you use to turn the lettering silver on your slide?

Do you like that Pachmayr grip on your XDSC? I just purchased one because I thought it would be better looking AND feeling than a piece of tire tube.

Good job on your XD.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The lettering was an idea from OLD SCHOOL ( I think)

It's just a white crayon and then applied Blue Wonder Armadillo.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
To each their own, right? It's not my thing, but if you like it, more power to ya. Looks like you did a good job, regardless.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I like it. :D I think I mostly like the frame, definetly something different. Would want the slide and controls closer to black if it was my gun, but it still looks good.

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
how is the grip after doing the durcoat thing? I'd be worried about it being too slippery. I think the desert camo would be cool. Especially the digital one. However I wonder if the urban camo (digital or normal) would be a much better choice as it would obviously hide it better in low light situations. And if so would it also break it up more in the desert and/or woods because the pattern is broken up rather than black etc.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts