Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
I like the one shot with the Quigley rifle - "Last seen headed down range, mad as the dickens."

·
Premium Member
3,598 Posts
Looks cool. Actually it looks like it would be a blast doing that.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
I wrote him and asked him to try his wall test with .223 TRUE varmint ammo. I would think they would make for a good indoor defense round. he wrote back saying he would try it in upcoming tests. I guess we just have to wait and see now :D

·
Banned
5,098 Posts
and yet Hollywood still shows guys getting shot with a vest on, fall down, say ouch, stretch, and like magic, their back up & running.

thanks for sharing that.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I would have liked to seen a few other grain an bullet types in those calibers plus the 357sig , 357 mag, 10mm, and 7.62x25. and what the hell go ahead and do the 5.7x28 for shits and giggles.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Kevlar offers much better backface deformation qualities.

What they tested looked like one of those new "super" laminates that exhibit more backface deformation and actually melt on contact shots.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I always thought it would be cool to try and develop body armor that uses kevlar fabric saturated with shear-thickened fluid. A shear-thickened fluid becomes more viscous under strain. You can put your finger through it if you push normally but if you try to punch it it becomes rock hard. This would allow the armor to move and flex freely but then harden upon bullet impact to distribute the impact over a wide area. You can make a shear thickened fluid in you kitchen by mixing a bunch of corn starch in water until you get a gravy like consistency. It's cool.

·
Registered
42 Posts
beardman2 said:
is it me or is the 40 "dent" deeper than the 45 one?
The 40 should make a bigger dent. Most 40's make more energy than most 45's. Check your ballistic charts. The energy a round makes is a reasonable indication of relative stopping power, compared to others.
Mike

1 - 16 of 16 Posts