Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I finally got it! I picked up an XD9sc for $556 OTD. Grabbed an extra 10rnd mag and sent off for the promotion. Got my warranty card mailed in as well.

One interesting thing... I was running some snap caps through the action and all the mags worked fine, but when I got to the 16rnd mag it would not go fully into battery with a slingshot rack (Was trying to be quiet at 3am :p) I checked out the mag opening and I could see that the side lip was bent in just a smidgen inwards, which I guess made it rough on the round when it was being chambered. Gave it a good leveraged bend and it works perfectly after that. Wonder if someone dropped it on the mouth or something... All good in the end!

You all know what it looks like but here it is anyway! I'm pretty excited ;)

And of course lets not forget the stores Salesmen of the month!

Can't wait to get this baby to the range! Thanks to everyone who gave me help and tips through my journy to this point!

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was considering just that! With the 10rnd my pinky comes to rest right on top of the mag base bulge, it doesn't hang over. I figured I would rock out at the range and see how the 10rnd feels. Thanks for the link!

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
However I did have a question. Gun, Cable Locked won't fit well in the box. However, if I release the slide and let it come forward to rest on the cable it just fits in the designated cut out. I don't see this harming the slide but what do you all think?

Thanks ahead of time!

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just picked up a new 9sc today too! I don't want to rub it in, but mine was only $505 OTD ;) Anyway...I kind of bought it for my girlfriend, but I like it so much I may have to get one for myself.
Naa naa naa! rofl Don't worry about it. They were flying off the shelves and Gun brokers prices plus shipping and FFL fee was close if not over my price. I'm more than happy and didn't mid paying a bit more.

·
Registered
512 Posts
yeah, they all look the same, but that doesn't mean we still don't like seeing them :D Congrats on the new piece! I've had mine almost two weeks now and still haven't had a chance to shoot it :(

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
However I did have a question. Gun, Cable Locked won't fit well in the box. However, if I release the slide and let it come forward to rest on the cable it just fits in the designated cut out. I don't see this harming the slide but what do you all think?

Thanks ahead of time!

Any thoughts on this question?

Thanks for the kind words guys!

·
Registered
45 Posts
My cable lock is wrapped in a soft plastic kind of material, I doubt that would be able to hurt the slide at all. On another note though, the brush/bore cleaner that they sent in my kit, that can leave marks if you let the metallic handle hit the slide. :( Learned that lesson real quick....

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Moose for that tip! I picked up a basic cleaning kit as well with a soft bore brush to use as well. In reading further into the manual the last step in the cable lock section is actually to gently release the slide onto the cable :p!

·
Registered
855 Posts
Congrats on your new XD! :)

The cable lock through the gun with action nearly closed should not be a problem, but I wouldn't let it slam shut on it. Just ease the slide forward, same as if you were field-stripping the gun to clean it.

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Seems to work great Thanks guys! I just hope my fix to the mag worked. Hopefully I will find out at the range and not at the wrong time! >.< Seems to feed Snaps fine now though.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.