Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a super fast camera and still this is all i got out of my XD40 SC firing. lets see if you can get a bullet right out of the barrel . so any one up for the chall?
Sorry cant figure how to post pics let me know how got some cool ones

·
Registered
452 Posts
Check out these:

http://www.photobucket.com

or

www.imageshack.us/

I use photobucket and like it a lot, just register and upload the pics and the site generates the code/links so you can copy/paste them right into a post. A lot of other folks use Image Shack, I assume it is just as user friendly.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Your best (only?) shot at maybe coming anywhere close to getting a shot of a bullet coming out of the barrel is with a super bright strobe light rigged to be tripped by the gun shot, and your camera on like ISO1million with the aperture all the way open and an exposure long enough for you to fire the gun and have the strobe go off, all in a dark room.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Actually, if it's not captured with high speed video, then it is captured with a very brief flash from a custom strobe. The camera is usually tripped by an audio slave that fires when it hears the gun fire. The flash is the effective shutter speed. If the flash's duration is 1/16000 of a second, the camera could be set to any shutter speed as long as it is not faster than 1/16000 of a second. I'm not sure of the exact figure for the strobes to stop a bullet in flight but hopefully I explained it clear enough without confusing myself :lol: I'm not saying it can't be done with ordinary gear; just saying the odds are against it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts