Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just bought my 10/22 last week and have really enjoyed it. I started with the standard wood stock and blued barrel. I decided to go with the Hogue stock and a Butler Creek heavy barrel. I also added a Bushnell scope on top of her. Here she is now:

I also bought a tactical rail :)D) just for fun. I am still not sure if it will actually stay on there because I don't know if it will allow my scope to hold zero. Here she is with the rail:

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Dang! You didn't have all that on it yesterday. When you get the triggar group in, I wanna blow someting up with it. A bipod and a cool scope and it will look ready for war! Sweet!
Say, there's another 10/22 live thread floating around. Have you many ftf with decent ammo?
My son had one and it rocked. Hardly ever a ftf. He used CCI's Mini-Mags, and Stingers for ammo.

·
Premium Member
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dang! You didn't have all that on it yesterday. When you get the triggar group in, I wanna blow someting up with it. A bipod and a cool scope and it will look ready for war! Sweet!
Say, there's another 10/22 live thread floating around. Have you many ftf with decent ammo?
My son had one and it rocked. Hardly ever a ftf. He used CCI's Mini-Mags, and Stingers for ammo.
I've only put about 100 rounds through it, but I didn't have any problems. I forgot to tell ya about the rail! It just came in on Friday so I guess it slipped my mind. I like how it looks, but it does add a lot of weight to an already heavy front end. It is definitely a fun rifle with a nice price tag!

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I've only put about 100 rounds through it, but I didn't have any problems. I forgot to tell ya about the rail! It just came in on Friday so I guess it slipped my mind. I like how it looks, but it does add a lot of weight to an already heavy front end. It is definitely a fun rifle with a nice price tag!
Slap a bi-pod and who cares about wieght!
Sweet addition!

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Use ALL of the receiver holes and tighten them down first, it might be just fine. I personally don't like the looks of a tac rail on a sporter type stock but if you're going for a SOCOM clone it's a start.

·
Premium Member
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The thing about this rail is it is made for the wooden stock that came on the rifle, not the overmolded Hogue stock that I bought. It fits fine over the top, but the bottom piece will not squeeze over the stock. I have read about people shaving down the bottom to make it fit, but I don't want to scuff up the stock and be forced to have that rail on it forever. Anyone else think it looks better without the rail?

·
Premium Member
24,766 Posts
Wow that looks just like the one that I picked up at the gun show this weekend.

Ruger 10/22 with a .92 Butler Creek Barrel and Houge stock. The Optic is a cheap Tasco though.

·
Premium Member
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is the exact barrel and stock I bought. The only difference is that I put a cheap Bushnell on top! :D How does yours shoot?

Wow that looks just like the one that I picked up at the gun show this weekend.

Ruger 10/22 with a .92 Butler Creek Barrel and Houge stock. The Optic is a cheap Tasco though.

·
Premium Member
24,766 Posts
That is the exact barrel and stock I bought. The only difference is that I put a cheap Bushnell on top! :D How does yours shoot?
GRRRRRREEEAAT!!

I love it. very accurate. I put a cast iron skillet out on the tree line, (about 100 yards from my porch) and just sit there and make it sing all day. :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
GRRRRRREEEAAT!!

I love it. very accurate. I put a cast iron skillet out on the tree line, (about 100 yards from my porch) and just sit there and make it sing all day. :mrgreen:
Thats great man. I haven't got to shoot it with the new barrel, so its nice to hear a good review.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
The thing about this rail is it is made for the wooden stock that came on the rifle, not the overmolded Hogue stock that I bought. It fits fine over the top, but the bottom piece will not squeeze over the stock. I have read about people shaving down the bottom to make it fit, but I don't want to scuff up the stock and be forced to have that rail on it forever. Anyone else think it looks better without the rail?
I think it looks fine. Float the barrel and rock on.

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
Not to hijack the thread, but I was just reading some reviews on 10/22 products and noticed that a lot of guys were talking about groupings at 50 yards. 2 of my .22's are sighted in at 100 yds, and the others are sighted in at 75. Am I overstepping where I should be, or are they not trying hard enough?

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Not to hijack the thread, but I was just reading some reviews on 10/22 products and noticed that a lot of guys were talking about groupings at 50 yards. 2 of my .22's are sighted in at 100 yds, and the others are sighted in at 75. Am I overstepping where I should be, or are they not trying hard enough?
22s are wind sensitive. Plus if you only have a 50yd range to shoot at......
100yds I feel is the effective max range for a 22 and I don't hesitate to make a shot at that range. I sight mine in at 100 they are usually pretty close at 25yds too and a bit high at 50.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts