Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Where are the promised pics you ask? I'm still waiting for my friggin Magpul XTM rail covers that I ordered two weeks ago!

Has anyone ordered from them recently? They showed in stock and didn't waste any time billing my credit card :rolleyes:

Consider this a place holder. Everything else is installed and looking great!

Edited to add: Grrr!!!

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Did you call magpul to see if they were really in stock? Per their site
http://www.magpul.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=shippinginfo&zenid=56912926e5d40175ea0d88b29be016cf
They can be backorder, more so that magpul stuff is so hot its usually out like a fat kid in dodgeball everywhere. Looking thru a few sites I know mentioning stock status, all are out of every color but black and even a few are out of that. Add the great airsoft community and its making magpul stuff better than crack cocaine. I was really hoping to see a green AR however.... SAD

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I was assuming that they wouldn't bill me for a backorder, but maybe I will give them a call tomorrow.

I'm not putting a pic up until it's 100% done, but at least the suspense will be fun for ya'll :cool:

·
Registered
367 Posts
Where are the promised pics you ask? I'm still waiting for my friggin Magpul XTM rail covers that I ordered two weeks ago!

Has anyone ordered from them recently? They showed in stock and didn't waste any time billing my credit card :rolleyes:

Consider this a place holder. Everything else is installed and looking great!

Edited to add: Grrr!!!
maybe I missed it but where did you order your XTM panels from?

I ordered mine from Aimsurplus.com and they came within 4 days. btw order as many as you need in 1 shipment or else you might have this happen.

straight edges on 1st batch I ordered

rounded edges on new set I ordered

doesnt bother me, but I know they are different.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:mad:You're all too funny!

I ordered them directly from Magpul! You can buy from thier website. I heard about the edge change. I believe the rounded ones are the new style. I ordered enough to cover the whole rail in an alternating pattern of black and foliage, so I'm covered even if I take all of the accessories off.

Knowing that AIM has them in, I'm gonna be even more pissed if Magpul billed me for something they are backordered on :mad:

·
Premium Member
3,187 Posts
Just call them up and see what the deal is. I'm sure if they are B/O they will take care of you.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
The black panels shipped yesterday, but the foliafge are on B/O until early next week. They bill for the entire order as soon as a portion ships, which explains why my card was charged.

I'm a little less pissed now. Just still wondering why in 2008, a company as large as Magpul can't keep "in stock status" updated on thier website...

·
Registered
367 Posts
:mad:You're all too funny!

I ordered them directly from Magpul! You can buy from thier website. I heard about the edge change. I believe the rounded ones are the new style. I ordered enough to cover the whole rail in an alternating pattern of black and foliage, so I'm covered even if I take all of the accessories off.

Knowing that AIM has them in, I'm gonna be even more pissed if Magpul billed me for something they are backordered on :mad:
like this? or checkered?
I had this setup for a few months and then decided to go solid FDE on the side panels.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm going to go checkered to see how it looks. The one's I've seen like that do a real good job of breaking up the outline of the barrel. Here in western Oregon, green interspaced with dark shadows is the look year round.

This is typical of the landscape around my house...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here you find country like that 5 minutes out of town. That's my favorite spring Chinook Salmon hole. I pulled a 28 pounder out of there in April, and that's not even an especially large one....

·
Registered
367 Posts
wish I had that within 300 miles of me here in texas.

My sister lives in Portland, I haven't been up there in ages but I love that part of the country. in limited doses, I need my 300 days of sunshine and temps over 70degrees.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Finally the XTM panels arrived. I still have more work to do, but it's at least good enough for a "work in progress" photo or three...

Still on the to do list:

1-Upgrade the mount and change position of the Surefire G2 light

2-My MI BUIS is out for a warrantee repair

3-Really leaning towards adding the Eotech magnifier with Larue flip mount

4- Thinking about a two tone green Durocoat job to finish it off.

Anyway- here's where we are so far....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts