Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for pictures of fully polished slides.

I would like to see what a mirror polished slide looks like.

I have searched but have been unable to come up with pics.

I think it would look amazing with this pistol. I KNOW it would be flashy but am curious as to exactly what it looks like.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
24,240 Posts
wow thats shiney!!!!!!!!!!! ,,,,,, is that just polished or is it finished with something also???

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Looks like it was chrome plated. I wouldnt want to shoot it, barrel would get all scratched up.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very Cool. If funds and time werent an issue I would be all about this.

It looks like he chose to keep the muzzle unpolished to provide some contrast...or maybe his arm just got tired. :lol:

I couldnt imagine how much time, sandpaper, dremel buff wheels, etc. that this would take.

It does look cool though.

I would love to have one that was either high gloss chrome or polished to a T.

Who's is that?

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
chupacabrachus said:
wow. That'd look nice with a tuxeudo. Doesn't look like the barrel is completly coated judging by the muzzle.
There's no coating on it anywhere. The metal was polished.

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
DJDan I think all you need to make a XD look like that is osme more cowbell :D

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Now, the question is, could you apply some kind of clear-coat (Clear GunKote? Do they do that?) to it and preserve the bling?

·
Premium Member
2,741 Posts
Thats well.....just damn purrtttyyyyy!

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
jedi573 said:
That polishing job looks great, especially with the barrel hood polished to the same amount. :)

Andy
They do make clear coats that would work fine on that. As far as a dremel tool to polish large areas like that, full size buffing wheel on a grider would be much easier and it would do a much better job. I wonder if he polished the rear of his sights?

·
Registered
244 Posts
I'm drooling over here. Seriously you guys, thats f-in sweet! But again I ask, does this kind of thing void the warranty in any way, cuz I'm about ready to do it. My girl wants hers polished like that too, then have the inlays painted pink.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
It will look like ass after being handled a bit, as it will be covered in greasy smears and fingerprints.

It also has NO finish, which means it will probably rust faster than the stock one already does.

You will void the warranty as far as the finish goes, and if you get too carried away, you could in theory void the warranty of the whole thing if you take away too much metal.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I would think that if you did this it would be a very good idea to keep a good coat of Armadillo or something similar on it.
I have a friend that has a polished G19. He does not have problems with rust at all and he uses it as his CCW.

This is what he uses to protect it...it does work.

http://www.wheelwax.com/

·
Registered
244 Posts
Thanks [TASF]Overkill. I don't want to void the warranty. I really want to do this to the barrel, but if I had a problem then they wouldn't replace it. Ah well... I could get a stainless barrel instead. What if I had it nickel plated? That shouldn't void the warranty on the slide parts, right? I guess I could call SA and ask, I'm just lazy

1 - 20 of 20 Posts