Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have galleries of the XD, or links to galleries, with examples of custom finishes? I know there used to be some here on the forum...

I'm looking for ideas for my .40.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BTTT

Come on guys...and gals, Somebody out here has some pix they can show off...don't you?

Wasemiller and are just looking for a little xd porn....

:lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
802 Posts
Wulfen59 said:
BTTT

Come on guys...and gals, Somebody out here has some pix they can show off...don't you?

Wasemiller and are just looking for a little xd porn....

:lol:

XD40 Service customized at Tripp Research


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,420 Posts
Springfield's Black Armory Kote. Not really anything special. It's black. And it don't rust. :)




But it IS VERY black... in that last pic, compare the color of the front sight to the rest of it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
802 Posts
[TASF said:
Overkill]Springfield's Black Armory Kote. Not really anything special. It's black. And it don't rust. :)


But it IS VERY black... in that last pic, compare the color of the front sight to the rest of it.
TASF,

How do you do so well with photoshop? With your serial #, i need instruction :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,420 Posts
Photoshop? I just got a prototype, that's all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,420 Posts
Wow, I've gotten 3 emails asking me how I got that XD...

Sheesh!

It was a joke. :) I definitely Photoshopped that in. It's an edited image, from back when I thought we were supposed to cover up our serial numbers. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,684 Posts
boricua9mm said:
Gen 2 HS2000 with brushed hard chrome from Accrate Plating and Weaponry (APW Cogan). I had them install Meprolights while they were at it.

That is SWEET! I like my XD just the way it is.. with the exposed portion of the barrell, and the grip safety polished.. but when I get the .40.. that's what I want it to look like!

Raymond
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,955 Posts
[TASF said:
Overkill]Wow, I've gotten 3 emails asking me how I got that XD...

Sheesh!

It was a joke. :) I definitely Photoshopped that in. It's an edited image, from back when I thought we were supposed to cover up our serial numbers. :)
I need to get Photo Shop, will it put holes in my targets closer together too?...lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
re-finished at Tripp-Pattison...


 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks guys! Some great stuff...It helps to see finishes from different companies. Does anyone have a darker color hard chrome finish? or do they do darker grays?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,534 Posts
dpwdave: I've said before in other threads here and there that I'm not a big fan of stainless/chrome guns, but yours is masterwork. I seriously can't get the thing out of my head! :p

I hereby give you the coveted "mr0w1 likes your Stainless/Chrome finish the Best" award. :) Mind if I save the pics?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
992 Posts
Captain Ray said:
That is SWEET! I like my XD just the way it is.. with the exposed portion of the barrell, and the grip safety polished.. but when I get the .40.. that's what I want it to look like!

Raymond
Thanks! The pictures really don't do it justice. The brushed flats are nice and shiny, but not a mirror shine. My cheap camera and poor lighting can never really caprture it's beauty. I wanted something pretty without too much bling factor. Brushed hard chrome fits the bill!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Thanks for the comments... save the pics if you want. No problem.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,106 Posts
My gen 1 HS2000 in NP3. Just click on the thumbnail to see the full-size image (saves Kermee some bandwidth)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
314 Posts
This one's to carry. Trigger job, refinished black by Mac's, Novak night sights...................



 
1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Top